Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edit DNS in WHM CP ?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

What setting/path do I use to change a DNS nameserver name in WHM X v3.1.0 ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

To change a nameserver on a domain or to edit the DNS for a domain setup in the DNS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Hi,

Sorry I'm not sure tbh. What is the path to the DNS settings?

Is it Main >> DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone ?

I haven't a clue....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Maybe it'd be better if you describe what you're trying to do.

EDIT: Oh, and, you REALLY should be using secure/SSL to connect to WHM!

I want to know how to change the nameserver names on my .ie domain so I can move to a new host.

BreadBoard wrote:
    I want to know how to change the nameserver names on my .ie domain so I can move to a new host.
    Anyone shed some light on this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Depends on where you registered the domain - contact support at the company you used, they can change it.

Ok so I can't change it? :(

Taught as much. Steve I'll be in contact soon, I think it's time for me to move to H365.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Unless your host has a control panel you can change it at, you'll have to manually request it I'm afraid :)

If you are the admin contact on the domains you can request the login to the IEDR site to make the changes yourself

Thanks blacknight, that's a good idea. I was going to ask the host when I was ready to move, but this way I'll have control over the settings.

It's the www.domainregistry.ie site right?

The Registry's telephone number is (+353 1) 236 5400.

• Advertisement

Yes

Advertisement