Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More BelfieldFm Updates

Options
  • 19-10-2006 5:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

UCD college radio is back on next week
    • Broadcasting from beside the Student Printer Center In the Henry Newan/Library linkway
    • Is broadcasting on 101.3FM
    • Has me on it 3pm-5pm
    • Plenty of stuff to give away
    • Will be online at www.belfieldfm.ie or http://belfieldfm.bebo.com
    • We want your text requests
    • Listen while you study in the Library and feel free to swing by for your requests / dedications

Please vote honestly in this Poll as its my own little way of getting listenership and to improve the show as much as possible. Let me know what you think of Belfield Fm . What we are doing right and what we are doing wrong.

Its a multiple choice poll and its private.
    Tanks fore yizer toyem
    Grimes

Will you be listening 38 votes

I will try to listen online mostly
    0% 0 votes
    I will try to listen on 101.3FM
    23% 9 votes
    I wont listen at all
    21% 8 votes
    I will download the podcasts mostly
    39% 15 votes
    I will listen by any means and text
    15% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Hopefully some day I will source a portable radio but til then it's podcasts ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

My mp3 with radio is on the blink :(

I'll probably stick it on in the mornins on the laptop before I head in to campus, and again if I'm home any stage during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

What kind of giveaways?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What kind of giveaways?

last year we had CDs , books and of course the big overall prize but I wont say what that is yet.

remember you will be able to download the Podcasts of the shows onto your Mp3 players. Many hot debates such as Chris Bond and James Caroll in the first week . Its well worth a listen .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have to say, I listened to a program on it a few weeks ago and it was awful. The guy seemed to have no notes, kept stuttering, seemed very nervous. He kept repeating himself and it just seemed very messy. Wouldn't listen to it again.

Pythia can you PM me the name of the show or time you were listening.

We admit there is / has been issues but we are a volunteer station but we are expecting a much better broadcast across the board next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Grimes wrote:
    remember you will be able to download the Podcasts of the shows onto your Mp3 players. Many hot debates such as Chris Bond and James Caroll in the first week . Its well worth a listen .

Bet James whipped his ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

its not 2fm love

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Maybe you should try to gain more exposure on campus. The student centre's PA seems to be only set on 98FM (radio is channel 1 in meeting rooms i think), whenever the wasters there ever bother to turn it on.

Likewise maybe the student bar should put it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Grimes, I cant make it to this blue room meeting tomorrow, am i missing out on anything important?

Okay we are a go for tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to come by to see how things work , have a look at the studio or a general chat feel free.

Thanks
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Pythia wrote:
    I have to say, I listened to a program on it a few weeks ago and it was awful. The guy seemed to have no notes, kept stuttering, seemed very nervous. He kept repeating himself and it just seemed very messy. Wouldn't listen to it again.

In my defence, I was very very hungry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Chakar wrote:
    Bet James whipped his ass.

Take a listen. I wasnt too sure about anybody whipping anybodys ass !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Im gonna be interviewed about Dutch Soc Tueday 5pm (or its gonna be recoreded then and broadcast later). Ive never done an interview before but should be fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Het-Field wrote:
    Take a listen. I wasnt too sure about anybody whipping anybodys ass !

James already told me the gist of it apparently Chris responded to the question of what issues are important to the voters and said the Iraq war.

James responded by saying thats a issue but its not the real issue and issues for example education, health and housing etc.

Chris still said the Iraq war.Obviously James won.

okay we are up and running online at www.belfieldfm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Grimes wrote:
    okay we are up and running online at www.belfieldfm.ie
    Are we? I can't get the online stream, still getting the promo vid, and when I go to the direct connection it says there ain't no such medium there...

oh no .... its deffo working

where is the actual website tho?

• Advertisement

****ied if i know. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

where does one download pod casts from, all i see on your website is the streamed show live

they're not up yet

issues with the podcast at the moment as they include downloading music which is naughty but stupid because we play the music anyway and all your getting is a repeat of the program. Will sort it and if not have to get streaming podcasts

when will the texts be back working do ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

who should ya complain to if you got attacked by two bears promoting belfield fm today?! hope its not that assistant manager dude, I think he was in on it! :p:D

yes they "mauled" me today with stickers!! not really just asked me to take one and then they wresteled a bit outside the arts block

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

tintinr35 wrote:
    yes they "mauled" me today with stickers!! not really just asked me to take one and then they wresteled a bit outside the arts block

As much as I support college radio, being involved with a certain rival college radio station, I do not agree with playing Picturehouse...no matter how early it is in the morning that you think people just wont hear!

Villaricos wrote:
    who should ya complain to if you got attacked by two bears promoting belfield fm today?! hope its not that assistant manager dude, I think he was in on it! :p:D

the forest ranger

• Advertisement
Advertisement