Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 PES6 in my hand now!

Options
  • 19-10-2006 9:05am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got a copy of the 360 version - will have a play around with it today and put up a review

Hyzepher

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Hyzepher wrote:
    Just got a copy of the 360 version - will have a play around with it today and put up a review

Hyzepher

How the..? why the ? wha.. ? eh.. ? is it out ? Should I ask ? Do I wanna know ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hyzepher wrote:

Hyzepher

HOWWWWWWWWWW ?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,746 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i have one question - i know you can not edit teams - but can you transfer players between clubs?

bastard!

Harsh! but fair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Tauren wrote:
    i have one question - i know you can not edit teams - but can you transfer players between clubs?

Nope.

The edit mode is totally stripped down, only player edit is left. ie. Preferred foot, Height, Weight, Name etc...

but you can create players - so you must be able to register them, so that would be the functionality as transfering them.

No you cant create players on the 360, not sure where you heard that...

dar83 wrote:
    No you cant create players on the 360, not sure where you heard that...
    The review on gamerankings ("first review" thread on this forum) they clearly state you can create players.

Screw it, i'll get it for the ps2.

Well I know someone who had the game last Friday and has played it a bit since then, he's a trustworthy source and tells me there is no create a player option. Here's screenshots he provided:

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editmodewv6.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editplayergc4.jpg

Edit: Oh and one more thing, there is no content download icon on the box at all, so roster updates look extremely unlikely from Konami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Where did u get this? Download or Early release from GAME?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Oh for the love of god tell us where, I'll go there right now!!

I myself am tempted to ring around a few places and querey their release date, hoping some sound head will say they have it already, and "sure I'll give ya a copy if you call in."

Yeah right!! But worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Its been leaked on t'internet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Well it's not a pirate copy if that's what you are implying. Some people just get copies before the release date and I am one of those.

Review to follow

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I had an advance copy sent to me too for the PS2 and some person decided to hound me down and keep pestering me as to where I got it. He then implied that I downloaded it which isn't true at all. I should have my advance copy of PES6 this weekend once I go to England

Sorry Hyzepher, wasnt implying yours was a pirate copy, was just saying.

Game shops don't get new games in until the Tuesday or the Wednesday before release (I think) so start pestering them early next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kensutz wrote:
    He then implied that I downloaded it which isn't true at all

leave them imply all they want

jealous bastards

Got my copy this morning.

First impressions from a friendly between 'Merseyside Red' and Celtic.

Visuals:
    It seems to be widescreen by default. My monitor is 4:3, meaning there are big black bars top and bottom during matches.
    Some EPL team crests and strips in there, arsenal & man u. No liverpool strip.
    Usual small tweaks to player models & animations. As usual, not better or worse, just a bit different. Crouchinators face is in there!
    Only 4 or 5 stadiums available for friendly, maybe you have to unlock others or something.
    Menu systems are nice and high def, new font is easy to read.
    Nothing particularly 'next gen' after that.

Sound:
    Same crowd noise, doesnt seem to react to the match much. No oohs and ahhs for near misses etc. Celtic scored, they must have been the 'away' team in the San Siro, no reaction whatsoever.
    Exact same commentary.

Gameplay:
    Transfers seem bang up to date. Just as well with the cut down edit functions.
    Passing seems crisper.
    Whistle happy ref is gone.
    Shooting seems slightly 'harder'. Maybe theres a new knack.
    Getting past players was a little tough.
    Sprint is right shoulder button, seems wierd, must change it in the settings.
    Right trigger does something wierd, kinda slows the player down. Didnt try stepovers and the like.

Overall:
    Seems like the same great game. Havent looked at master league etc.
    Difference between PES5 and PES6 no greater then between PES4 and PES5, despite new hardware platform.

Have to study for an exam on Monday, so wont get much chance to play :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is it closer to PES4 or PES5 in your opinion, CiaranC?

I don't like 5 at all, so we just play 4 all the time instead.

• Advertisement

Closer to 4 id say, given the free flowing gameplay. Not much like either tbh.

In 4 they sped up defenders when you were in the attack to stop you scoring, in 5 they gave free kicks when you were going forward. This seems to have gone back to the former.

Its not overly impressive. They've somehow managed to make it uglier than 5, and its a bit frustrating against the AI. Havent played against a human as I have only one controller and even fewer friends :p

5 is far better than 4, I hope they haven't gone back too far towards four

jeez. I can't remember as far back as 4. I've always been happy with the progression fro one edition to the next.

If the refs are less picky and keepers are good. I'll be happy.

The main thing that bugged me about PES5 was the online. Laggy as hell.
    Whats PES6 like online ? That'll be the BIG thing for me.

Brian.

*EDIT: Just checked my game.co.uk account..."PES6...Status: DESPATCHED" :D

Not a great difference from 5 - maybe the visuals are better. Online is much better as far as I could tell - a few games with no lag what so ever.

Edit function is gone - only player height etc. No Player/Team additions.

Hadn't had a great amount of time to play it but from what I saw I liked

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

so as soon as the january transfer window comes we cant change players around? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol

got my copy in game today cant wait to get home now

I had a couple more online games and it is a bit laggy at certain points. Noticeably at kick-outs - when ball is in air - and during some long range shots. The guys I was playing with - who apparently got their game by other means - also experienced some lag during other games they had played.

evad_lhorg - not sure about transfers, will check tonight

Hyzepher

btw - don't want to highjack the thread - even if it's mine - but World Gamer Live will be having the mother of all Pro Evo tournaments at the next LAN event (Dec 2nd). Check it out at www.worldgamerlive.com

Just to confirm again, there is no way to do player transfers on the 360 version. Plus there is no "content download" icon on the box, so Konami doing them come January is very unlikely as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just bought it there in work!! Whooo

Too bad I'm gonna fail the 2 exams and a presentation I have tomorrow cos of it. If anyone's up for a game, my tag is Slurms McK

• Advertisement

add my tag mate, I'll give ye a game

Advertisement