Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 PES6 in my hand now!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone know if extravision are selling it early cause its the closest shop to my house and i dont wanna walk to far cause im dying wit the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ok I some gripes!
    You can't change a players appearance, which is a shame cos some of the likenesses on the Liverpool team are woeful! (Pennant, Gonzalez etc.)
    Keepers seem really really poor.
    But the gameplay seems great, refs aren't bastids anymore. And the lack of loading for free-kicks, throw-ins etc. is great. Makes the game flow alot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

The player models are terrible alright.

Yeah but then again if I wanted my game to look good I'd buy Fifa. But unfortunately for me, I like my games to play well!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The quick free-kicks are a laugh

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

yeah anyone notice keepers being really solid sometimes but then other doing like a reina job and throwing back into their net pretty much! The no edit mode is a pain in the ass!! C. Ronaldo has short sleeves, kind of annoying. And no one has untucked jerseys?! Can anyone else not save there replays?! It says in the manual to press X (Xbox 360) but it doesn't do anything?!! Graphics aren't as good as FIFA 07 but its still nice in high def. Other than that its evotastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

not enjoying it too much at the moment. bought the guide. 360 version is missing stupid things! no edit mode, no indivdual game records at end of games, no pes shop...yea the classic teams are unlockable but no legend players to unlock. only eight stadiums(not that I care about that). seems a bit ridiculous.

no 6 star difficulty!!!!! i won two games on "top player" yesterday by 4 or so goals. was hoping for a better challenge.

have a lot of trouble getting a game on xbox live as well. ill look for a ranked game and get a list. everyone I try to connect to says "waitin" for a few seconds and then says "this session is no longer available".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Farrell 11

dar83 wrote:
    Just to confirm again, there is no way to do player transfers on the 360 version. Plus there is no "content download" icon on the box, so Konami doing them come January is very unlikely as well.

Check out these forums: http://www.proevonetwork.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

There's a Konami rep there called Lil. She's said that there's no content downloads available from the off, but there is a definate possibilty of some in the near future ;)

And the January transfer update has been mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I wouldn't expect it, Seabass has gone on record before about online updates, it's a whole licensing and legal issue, a whole big mess. They tried it before with WE8LE in Japan, funnily enough, it was not in any version after that. ;)

evad_lhorg wrote:
    have a lot of trouble getting a game on xbox live as well. ill look for a ranked game and get a list. everyone I try to connect to says "waitin" for a few seconds and then says "this session is no longer available".
    I get that loads aswell, really annoying.

I'm struggling with the game at the mo. It's actually very different than 5 I'm finding. Though that might be cos I'm adjusting to a new pad aswell.

• Advertisement

not enjoying this too much really. I remember getting 4 and 5 and loving them. yea they took learning to get real good but it was still fun. im not really having much fun with the 360 version. :(

oh and YOU CANT SAVE POXY REPLAYS!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Agreed, its not fun to play, at least not straight off. Ive stopped playing it altogether and gone back to LMA Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

LMA manager?! Well then your opinion doesn't matter a whole lot then... joke! But why LMA manager when u could be playing football manager! I'm enjoying the pes6 gameplay... but am a little annoyed at all the stuff thats been taken out!!

Is FM 2007 out for 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Farrell 11

FM2007 is out for the 360 in November. Hopefully it's not too stripped down from the PC version. I'd like to get that instead of having to sit at my PC to play it.

But back on PES6. I have to agree that I'm not having too much fun with myself.

But the big plus for me so far has been no lag during online play except for the slowdown at set peices, but you get used to that.

I'll need to buy a HDD to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

not having fun either.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What's the deal with playing online? I can never get an opponent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    What's the deal with playing online? I can never get an opponent.

its fcuked

Pain in the tits, have the game a week and played 2 games online.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Im having no troubles getting online matches. I just go to create match and I always get challenged within half a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Slurms wrote:
    Im having no troubles getting online matches. I just go to create match and I always get challenged within half a minute.

snap, no problems getting a game if I set one up

One week in and I've a couple of gripes

1. I can't put my finger on it, but there's something wrong with 6, it's bizarre how in ome online game you can play and lose 5-1, then the next two you win 3-1 and 4-1. That happened to me yesterday, never happened with 5, the scorelines are all over the place, it's like FIFA

2. The break of the ball favours strikers far too much, pick adriano for instance, try barging straight through a crowded penalty area, chances are you'll emerge in the 6 yard box with the ball, very frustrating if you don't like diving in for a tackle, which leads me onto the next point

3. Slide tackling - they seem to be encouraging sliding a whole lot more in this one, it's very hard to get some players off the ball exlclusively using just the pressure button

4. Thierry Henry - Jesus he's far too good, any sort of decently powered shot he takes goes in, played a guy with France the other day, he had four shots in the whole game, all with Henry, four goals

Maybe it just still hasn't clicked, but I'm not enjoying it like five, it still seems like too much of this game is out of my control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

2. The break of the ball favours strikers far too much, pick adriano for instance, try barging straight through a crowded penalty area, chances are you'll emerge in the 6 yard box with the ball, very frustrating if you don't like diving in for a tackle, which leads me onto the next point

Yeah, once again, Adriano is ridiculously over-rated! I've actually edited his stats to make him less super human. I changed his shot power to 97 and weaker foot accuracy to 2 I think, and frequency to 3. My reson for this is because I've never seen him use his right foot once effectively in any real game.

I think you'll end up getting that warm feeling inside after a few weeks of play. I'm starting to get to the point where I'm dominating games, and my team is playing exactly how I want them to, especially France for some reason. I think a mojor reason for this is my formation settings, I keep it simple with a 4-4-2 and keep attacking arrows to a minimum and all my attacking players, including my wing-backs, have low defensive mentalities.

I think tackling has definitely become harder, theres way more emphasis on the position of your player when he tries to tackle. If your chasing back it simply won't happen, you'll have to take the guy down and take a booking at the same time to stop the guy, or else get in front of him and use R2 and then time your tackle to perfection.

Coming in from the side to disposess doesn't work like it used to either, which is fair enough, I can live with that, it makes for way more attacking opportunities. If it was the other way around and a free was being given every 30 seconds for even breathing on your opponent like in PES5 we'd be going mad about that.

I love this game, the gameplay is just brilliant imo. Now I'm praying for some Marketplace download to open up a whole new wonderful work of editing:rolleyes:

they probably will charge for it.

Getting really pissed off with xbox live now. all the people top of the rankings(two in the top ten are Rob mcclean im pretty sure) are cheating. when you host a game its possible to cause the opponents game to freeze up auto giving you the 3-0 win. and youll notice nearly all of the top players have average goals scored of 3 and conceded 0. its ridiculous. and very annoying when it happens to you.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    they probably will charge for it.

Getting really pissed off with xbox live now. all the people top of the rankings(two in the top ten are Rob mcclean im pretty sure) are cheating. when you host a game its possible to cause the opponents game to freeze up auto giving you the 3-0 win. and youll notice nearly all of the top players have average goals scored of 3 and conceded 0. its ridiculous. and very annoying when it happens to you.

just had a look at it there and you're dead right, the top guy (Rob McLean) has it sussed so he can crash other peoples games and get the 3-0 win, it's disgraceful, he's on a 239 match winning streak, average goals 3, average conceded 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

just had a look at it there and you're dead right, the top guy (Rob McLean) has it sussed so he can crash other peoples games and get the 3-0 win, it's disgraceful, he's on a 239 match winning streak, average goals 3, average conceded 0

How the hell did he win the English PES Championship then, when its quite obvious he's cheating with those stats???? I thought some guy called XboyScotX or something was top, oh he's top of the Xbox 360 leaderboard atually. He has the very same average goals for and against tho, 3 and 0 respectively. Konami should really sort it out, its a joke tbh, I've stopped playin ranked matches because of it.

I dealt with two of the crashers yesterday by leaving the xbox on and going down to watch the footy, so unless they fancied waiting two hours they weren't getting the points

It's not about the points, I just don't want to let them do it, and I don't want disconnects against me, I already have three because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I haven't gon online yet but if people are cheating already is there any point??
    I cant believe people are doing this:mad:

Advertisement