Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Driver Theory Test Book Mistakes

Options
  • 19-10-2006 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed all the silly mistakes in the new driver theory test book??

There's a few places where they have exactly the same question, just with different answers.

My GF has been busy studying it, as she has the Theory test coming up and really wants to pass ( as it's taken her ages to get around to doing it ), but is getting frustrated by the number of mistakes, and doesn't want to fail because of them.

There's a number of duplicate questions, eg pages 252 & 207... where they give completely different answers, even though the question is exactly the same!

There is one question she asked me about last night, it was “if you come across some debris on a motor way, what should you do?” apparently the correct answer is to “stop in your lane, and put your flashers on????” ummmm don't think i'll try that one for some reason...

for 18Euro, you'd imagine they would of proof read the book??? it looks like bits of it have been cut and coppied from the uk theory test book...

rant over....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

“if you come across some debris on a motor way, what should you do?” apparently the correct answer is to “stop in your lane, and put your flashers on????”.

:eek: :eek:

Flipping hell.
    Sure slow down after putting your hazard lights on and manouvre around the obstruction (not on the traffic side). Thats what I would do. The situation is slightly worse if the 'debris' is in the overtaking lane, as you have no hard shoulder to use.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Surely the correct answer is to pull into the other lane (keep the hard shoulder free in case someone needs to pull in to make a phone call) and stick on the hazards and then get out and remove the debris. You should also remove the debris slowly as it could be sharp and fast movements could lead to cuts.

kbannon wrote:
    Surely the correct answer is to pull into the other lane (keep the hard shoulder free in case someone needs to pull in to make a phone call) and stick on the hazards and then get out and remove the debris. You should also remove the debris slowly as it could be sharp and fast movements could lead to cuts.

I would not advise walking onto a motorway at any time.

prospect wrote:
    I would not advise walking onto a motorway at any time.
    erm, I was being sarcastic. maybe I should have put a :rolleyes: smiley in

kbannon wrote:
    erm, I was being sarcastic. maybe I should have put a :rolleyes: smiley in

Oh, sorry, I completely missed that one :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The other answer given, for the same question, in another part of the book is "find an emergency telephone and contact the emergency services"... which sounds like the right thing to do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

The other answer given, for the same question, in another part of the book is "find an emergency telephone and contact the emergency services"... which sounds like the right thing to do...

Wht can't you use your own mobile to call them once you have stopped? :confused:

BigCon wrote:
    Wht can't you use your own mobile to call them once you have stopped? :confused:
    Would you know the number? 999 is not apropriate.
    Actually, upn reflection, yoou cold call directory enquiries.

Advertisement