Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara question.

Options
  • 19-10-2006 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭

What happened to the wall on the Ballycumber Road, a section of which was known locally as the 'Blind Windows'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I heard it was knocked by the company who put in the new sewerage pipes along the road and that there was lots of complaints and the company are being made restore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Thanks for replying I know who you're talking about, the less said the better ;) It was probably knocked down at the time they had that section closed off to traffic. I wonder did the Council sanction the demolition or did the 'Company' in question just knock it down off their own bat.

Was it part of the 'Famine Wall' ? There are so many questions, where's the stone gone ? where's the brick the 'blind windows' were made of ? How are they going to restore it, there's nothing left to restore it's completely gone. It's a sad day for Clara.

The Celtic Tiger with all it's money cannot restore what was part of Folklore.

Advertisement