Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotrod/Ronimus prime transformations?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

I just watched Transformers:The Movie there recently. I dunno how many times I watched it when I was young, but I found it on a second hand DVD shop and said What the hey!

I was wondering though, Hot Rod transforms into, well a hot rod, but when he got The Matrix I'm sure you only see him transform once again (I could be wrong) at the end of the film. But it seemed to be a truck of some kind :confused:
    Is that right? So what, does the matrix just make you into a truck transformer using whatever you already had as a base? :confused:

Sounds silly, but I'm very confused by this. I haven't seen much of the series' bar the first half of season one I'd say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

He transforms into a futuristic recreational vehicle (resembling 1980 concept car, the Citroën Penthouse CX)

Source

I remember seeing the toy and it had a trailer but I don't ever recall seeing this in the cartoon (although I could be wrong)

He's not Optimus though. He just doesn't have the authority and presence that's needed to lead the autobots IMO

ps: You should definately watch the rest of the series.... :)

Titanium edition you say..... have you got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

That's a bit clunky looking compared to the original.

rodimusprime2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yep that's the one. A bit **** though, isn't it?
    "I was a sports car, now that I've grown up and have responsability I'm a campervan!"
    Statement of reality, really :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

I'm talking about the character's transformation, not the toy.
    It's **** compared to his original hotrod mode.

• Advertisement

Yeah but in fairness the capervan hot rod or rodimus looks sh*t. Hot Rod looked way cooler man....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Still way better than Kup and Blur... they were awful lumps of plastic. It was so tough to get Kup's arms out of his vehicle mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hot Rod has a good (looking) robot mode:
    hotrod.gif

Rodimus Prime is a bit of a stretch though:
    Rodimus_prime-9.jpg

Advertisement