Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

navan nightlife needs a change

Options
  • 19-10-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Lads iv been saying it for years navan nightlife needs a dramatic change!!!

where could i do djing in navan. i mean rock djing not this repeditive 80s ****e it would bring a welcome change for some people to hear quility music while having a pint. just like whelans in the city.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I'd try the likes of the Palace, and Taboo.
    Places which are open thursday/sunday, cos i doubt you'd displace the cheese djs they have in
    Don't get me wrong i love rock music. But i don't know if anywhere in navan is that progressive thinking that they'd have a rock night

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beyond_Osiris

The problem with some of these bar owners is that there are afraid to be different. Plus the worst the music the more young ones seam to think there shiarka!!!!!! wev all seen them trying to tell us there hips dont lie!!
    the more ladies dancing in such a fashion the more blokes in the nightclub the more beer drank to work up the confidence to say the worst line to a l
    lady.

Its a visious circle.
    I like th idea of a thursday or sunday that might work in the night clubs until the popularity was rasied. i was thinking it might be better to start with a bar. eg ryans or knights any other suggestions.

I love the two quotes at the bottem of yer post there aswel. liam , and johnny very good .

i bet your a johnny cash fan aswel:cool:

You should try knights, dunno about ryans.
    I'd defo go to a rock night!
    What about molloys? They still have the DJ booth set up from its "Lizard" days

knights would be ideal it has great sound coming outta thos speakers. even if its a single beat!!. Do you know any boy i could ask or talk to about giving it a go. some one who ll know where im coming from with the rock idea.

Molleys is a great idea to and yes it does have the dj booth froms the old days. sadly iv asked here before the manager was al for it but some bloke on the street has a court order againist loud music after 9.30 0r 10 or something to that effect. its a shame as it realy is a bar with great potential. most of the nights in there are very mellow and quit now

i presume ask to speak to the bar manager of knights, or make an appointment

Molloys has the potential alright, shame about the court order, if he soundproofed the place better you'd be ok.

There is Taboo, they have two rooms don't they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

i would definately go to taboo if there was rock music played

My only concern would be it would attract all those goth wannabes!

But you gotta have somewhere which plays decent music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 taboo.ie

Hi, becky from Taboo niteclub here. ive actually been thinking for a while now to get a rock nite in Taboo on a thurs goin. i'd love to hear what you guys think. i completely agree that navan needs something different so all your ideas are welcome!! email me at events@taboo.ie or on our comment board at taboo.ie. As for the guy who wants to dj,if your still interested, u can get me at events@taboo.ie aswell. in the meantime, we've got something different for the halloween ball, snake dancers magicians and fire eaters, fancy dress is optional but u will win prizes for best dressed.
    Thanks and keep those comments coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I was under the impression that the second room in Taboo played heavier/rock music. I was a bit disappointed to hear them playing the same dance songs that had been played in the other room not long earlier.
    Im sure there is enough demand for a rock night to go well. Remember the crowds in Banjos years ago for rock bands?

id love to dj. you just mde my day with that post:D :D:D

• Advertisement

So you got your wish...

Just got this text from Taboo.

Fraggle Rocks @ Taboo Every Thursday
    The Best Rock Music All Night
    2 Vodkas for the Price of 1 (I like i like hope its not watered down)
    Member + 1 Guest Free before 1230
    Doors Open 11

Must check that out so

i got my wish all right bt i didnt get to dj they got some other guy unfortunatly.

Hopfully some where else will want a rok dj??? any suggestions??

Must call in to this fraggle rock some night to see wht it like cant be bad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Navan nightlife needs more napalm.:eek:

Advertisement