Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Management Fees

Options
  • 19-10-2006 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭

I am planning on moving early next year. My management fees will be due in January, do i have to pay these or can i leave it for the next person? If i dont pay them will i be able to finalise the sale on my apartment??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It won't stop you finalising the sale on your apartment if you don't pay them.

How early are you talking about? It's really only fair that whoever's going to be in the apartment for the longest period of time should pay the fees. That said however, if you're going to be there for a few months, you could offer to contribute towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Actually, it will stop you from selling. You need to have paid the fees up to the date you leave.

So, best bet is to just pay a portion of your fee for the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

You will be unable to sell the apartment until the fee is paid as one of the first things a purchasers Solicitor will do is request the outstanding fee information from the the management agent in respect of the management company. The same is true for non payers of the fees, a charge will be recorded against the property in the event of sale which will block the sale until ALL service charges are disposed of. This is part of all the head leases for apartment blocks.

Advertisement