Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with DHL - Again!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭maireadmarie

Matamoros, thank goodness we are not an Item, because if we were, can you imagine what DHL would do with us? :) Having said which, you are a really nice person and it is a pleasure to talk to you here, a redeeming feature, as I said, of the DHL débacle. And I must say, the kind things you say do give one a boost, no harm in this sometimes grey world.
    RonToole, it goes without saying that I feel for you - I know that anger that goes round and round, just like our packages. Stolen, now that's another thing, perhaps it's time a little garda investigation was instigated!
    My test may not happen - initially when I bought my last item, I had asked the seller to change to Hermes or some other company, although he had already told me that he always uses DHL. (Seems they have a good reputation in Germany!) I sent him the link to this page - now he has decided to try and send 'mit Hermes'.
    The most annoying thing about all this, is the sheer impossibility of contacting DHL in Germany to complain. Something, however, seems rotten in the Irish part of this company. Obviously, not every Irish customer is going to have a complaint - I expect there are good people in the company as well - but there seem to be enough gripes to sound loud warning bells!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Part of the issue is that DHL now encompasses so many services - Deutsche Post is virtually DHL but their stuff often comes via An Post. Other stuff comes via DHL road services and others via "traditional" DHL Express - all services end up in different depots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

All together now, to the air of The First Noel (or Nowell if you prefer):

When to DHL the angels did say,

Please take this package to Mankind today!

They parcelled it up and labelled it well,

So what a strange thing that it went down to Hell !

Chorus:

Oh, oh, DHL, DHL,

Gone is our Goodwill,

It's all gone to Hell !

Repeat: As many times as you like :)

Ahh, the good old Christmas spirit! :D:D:D
    You've a lovely voice there, Spaceman1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

The original reason that I replied to this thread was that I hoped that I could help in some small way the people who were having trouble with their packages as I have some experience with DHL. Your experience is hugely negative and I hope that you get your phone and some compensation for your trouble. That would be fair. If someone has stolen your phone then that is DHL's problem and they should front up straight away and replace and deliver with the most minimum delay. I have done as much as I can in my previous posts to offer some help and I will leave this thread and people can vent and discuss as they see fit.

To MM, my regards.

• Advertisement

Why, Matamoros, I just realised we are both M & Ms. Please don't abandon us here with this thread, let's stick it out to the end! Your replies were all very encouraging, and I thought it was very honourable of you to come on in defence of DHL, and then to listen to what I had to say so fairly. That doesn't happen often in this cold world.
    If you don't come back, I can only wish you a truly wonderful, special Christmas and a New Year that fulfils all your ambitions. This world badly needs people like you.
    What am I waiting for, to happen next with DHL Ireland? Who knows! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Matamoros

Sorry MM and all, I am an incurable romantic. I am eternally hopeful.The funniest thing is that DHL's screw ups have brought me into contact with you all. I would love to work in a company that delivers on it's promises and is committed to the Customer. Still waiting though, currently with an American car rental firm who make a fair few mistakes and the Management are told to ' wing it '.
    How can we move this thread on to get some result apart from it's quality as a vent?:confused:

Advertisement