Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags in Apartment block

Options
  • 19-10-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd rant about this and see if anyone else has the same kind of problem their apartment block.

The bins in my place, are kept in the underground carpark. They're out in the open, ie not kept in a storage shed in the carpark.

Now. Wether the bins are full or completely empty, there's at least one resident who simply doesn't bother using the bins. They bring down their black bin bag, and dumps it on the ground beside the bins. Why in the name of f*ck would anyone do that??? I haven't manage to catch the fuc*ers in the act but when I do I'm gonna let rip at them. There's cats around the apartment block and they come in and help themselves to whatever's in the bin bag. Usually, this means food waste of some sort. So you get food and waste spilling out on to the ground.

The management company have put up signs, as have the other residents, but untill someone catches the filthy fukks in the act, we can't do much more.

So every week, untill the management company are good enough to clean and disinfect the place (which, fair play to them, they do regularly), the carpark stinks, and looks disgusting.

I just can't get over the mentality of this. Are these people thick? Taking the p*ss or what???

Grrrrr :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Is it a woman? I find that it's women who don't want to open the Bins are they find them disgusting. The problem is that evenually around the bins will get too disgusting for them and they will leave the rubbish anywhere they feel like.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is there any cameras in the underground carpark???

This sounds exactly like my GF's place!!
    People just don't care cos they don't have to clean it as there is someone there that cleans it!!
    Its like the abandoned cars in the underground carpark aswell!! THey are taking up the spaces which others want to use and no1 knows who owns them or nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

This may not sound like fun but - open the bags. Have a look at the rubbish. More often than not, people put personal information straight in the bin. So, you may very well find their name and address.

You can then report them for littering, and the litter warden will issue them with a fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The CCTV cameras are in the process of being upgraded, as there was no funds for a long time due to non paying residents (apartment living..)

I physically couldn't rummage through the bins. Even thinking about it is turning my stomach, and I have a quite a strong stomach! Seriously, you'd wanna see what comes out of these bags. Liquid, bones, chicken carcasses.. it's sickening.

I've actually considered sitting in my car with my camera and catching them in the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No need for a camera, once you've caught them in the act you can approach them.

They probably don't realise the link between their rubbish and the state of the place - they probably think it's someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Careful with looking through someone else's rubbish once it's been dumped. In some countries/cities, once you take the rubbish out it becomes the Council's property. Should this be the case here you could be reported too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Just thought I'd rant about this and see if anyone else has the same kind of problem their apartment block.

The bins in my place, are kept in the underground carpark. They're out in the open, ie not kept in a storage shed in the carpark.

Now. Wether the bins are full or completely empty, there's at least one resident who simply doesn't bother using the bins. They bring down their black bin bag, and dumps it on the ground beside the bins. Why in the name of f*ck would anyone do that??? I haven't manage to catch the fuc*ers in the act but when I do I'm gonna let rip at them. There's cats around the apartment block and they come in and help themselves to whatever's in the bin bag. Usually, this means food waste of some sort. So you get food and waste spilling out on to the ground.

The management company have put up signs, as have the other residents, but untill someone catches the filthy fukks in the act, we can't do much more.

So every week, untill the management company are good enough to clean and disinfect the place (which, fair play to them, they do regularly), the carpark stinks, and looks disgusting.

I just can't get over the mentality of this. Are these people thick? Taking the p*ss or what???

Grrrrr :mad:

Get a shovel, gather it up in the middle of the night, and dump it right outside their front door. Keep doing this until they either stop or move out.

Alternatively you can actually report them for illegal dumping, which is precisely what they are doing, and also report it to the management company, who can also take action for the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You probably won't catch them until the CCTV goes up. Some people are just plain disgusting and ignorant. In our apartment block, the bins are in a separate room in the carpark so at least it's away from the cars so you only get the smell once you enter the room. But there's usually about seven big massive bins or so in the room (there are also a few rooms as well in the carpark). Some people just stack up the first two bins up til bursting capacity and won't bring their stuff to the next bin! They even leave the stuff on top of the bin when there's an empty bin right beside them or even two bins down!!

AAAAAGH!!!! Feckin' muppets, some people are just thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Paulw wrote:
    This may not sound like fun but - open the bags. Have a look at the rubbish. More often than not, people put personal information straight in the bin. So, you may very well find their name and address.

You can then report them for littering, and the litter warden will issue them with a fine.

Good idea but, the OP shouldn't have to do this himself if he doesn't want to, it's really the job of the management company to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Whats with all the obnoxious replies?

Has the idea gone by the wayside of approaching somebody reasonably in the first instance and discussing a problem calmly with them before jumping with with both feet ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

You think that's bad?
    Twice in my block I've found binbags on the stairwells and dumped at the door INTO the carpark (ie, inside the apartment block building, not even in the carpark)
    Some people shouldn't be allowed live near others <---some, most here are quiet and keep to themselves and are tidy

PS Why do grown adults let kids hanging about outside into apartment buildings when entering or exiting? WHY????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DonalMcTavish

We had the same problem last year.
    Someone saw the people who dumped the rubbish and then emptied it out back on their door with a note telling them why. the hall smelled for a while but the got the message and it stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Duckjob wrote:
    Whats with all the obnoxious replies?

Has the idea gone by the wayside of approaching somebody reasonably in the first instance and discussing a problem calmly with them before jumping with with both feet ?

Because dumping rubbish on the ground isn't the least bit obnoxious or offensive. There's no possible way that someone who's that inconsiderate could possibly be a total scumbag.

Ironically though, I don't think that someone this vermin-like would be safe to approach.

Advertisement