Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2007: Opinions/Verdict

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

27-0 in the Irish Cross Border game. With the goalie being the only player they had on the pitch wtf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rofl! Bug perhaps? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Decided to try out chelsea, won league, only lost 1 match to Wigan!! in CL final against barcelona & FA aup final.
    One interesting thing is at start of game they wanted me to sign a few worldclass players, only managed to sign Torres (€40.5m) but then Abromivich sent a message saying he was dissapointed with lack of new players & he was taking things into his own hands. He signed & negotiated a plyer for €18m outtta my transfer budget!!!!
    I also got offered a new chelsea contract which allowed me to negotiate my wage, transfer budgt & Weekly squad wage.
    Well impressed with these new editions!!
    Also had Ballack & terry out injured for 5 & 4 months respectivly.
    In 2 league games Shevchenko scored 7 goals!!! think he got 26 league goals at end & chelsea only let in 19 all season!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thats Chelsea alright

Apart from Shevkenco banging in the goals :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

played 1 season so far with barcelona and found it too easy tbh.

i won la liga, champions league, world club championship, supercup, spanish supercup and the spanish cup : /

i used barca in all the other games and even winning la liga alone is usually hard on its own, so a clean sweep in my first season is a bit odd.

probably wait till the patch comes out and start again

Try a lower division team or Eircom League team :D

Great challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Has anyone any idea when it will be out on mac?

.. just remembered .. I can install the PC version on the mac with Boot Camp, i'll have to get used to being able to use windows software !

Isn't the PC version also a Mac version?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Already out, the game is PC / Mac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

spent all weekend playing it! the little additons may only be small but they are a very nice touch!! found a bug tho.... went to buy Kerlon but i was told the transfer was cancelled cos he couldnt get a work permit but he was still signed!? so now thats 7.5 mil gone and a player i cant play now till he gains a work permit!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

jobonar wrote:
    spent all weekend playing it! the little additons may only be small but they are a very nice touch!! found a bug tho.... went to buy Kerlon but i was told the transfer was cancelled cos he couldnt get a work permit but he was still signed!? so now thats 7.5 mil gone and a player i cant play now till he gains a work permit!! :(

Get a feeder club in belgium or poland and loan him to them... in 2 years you will be able to play him as he will get dual nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

does that work?? Thats a great idea! I am having a **** load of trouble suring up my deffence in it. Crystal Palace is my team and their deffence is a shambles. Just like in real life and I can't find anybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Just after having a couple of day with it, playing as Liverpool. Really enjoying is so far. I think a lot of the new features are really good for giving a feeling of immersion in the day to day running of the club.

I like the feeder club option and the little bit of strategy it can open up such as obtaining an American or Asian feeder to help boost merchandising, or using a club to get around work permit problems.

Team Talks are pretty good and it's nice when your call to do it for the fans works:D

Doin pretty well in the league at the mo but finances aren't great 5m in the bank after only signing one player (Vanden Borre 2.5M):(

Very Happy overall.............

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

The single greatest new feature has to be the media's ability to make puns. Splen-Dida!

Nobody listens to my team talks, what should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The players history semms, as usual, iffy. I picked out robbie fowler as I have an idea of his history, he has scored 177 goals for liverpool, yet in the game he has a total of 160 goals in his career. did he go backwards in goal at leeds/city?

I think history only records league goals and leage apps. noticed this in FM06, its stupid

Dempsey wrote:
    I think history only records league goals and leage apps. noticed this in FM06, its stupid

What a load of poo. thats stupid. They really should sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Just got my game delivered today, I started off unemployed and after two months I got my first taste of management at the helm of Scottish Strugglers Killmarnock.
    I was given a deal until the end of the season with the sole objective of avoiding Relegation.
    When I took over I was two points adrift at the bottom of the table, and with no transfer kitty and a depleted squad due to the previous managers dealings :( it looked like my first step into management will make me or ruin me.
    I didnt have the worst of starts, in the first three matchs I had one win one draw and a loss, lifting me off the foot of the table... just about. Anyway fast forward to January and having one 4 of my last five games I am still second last but 7 points clear of the relegation place, I am scouring the transfer market with the view of signing some decent free players or at least getting a loan player, unfortunately in scotland you can only sign one loan player over the age of 21.

So far my opinion has been a positive one. I like the added media feature of having a disputed goal and having to comment on it afterwards.

• Advertisement

Just started playing as liverpool. Playing M, Haifa in the CL 3rd Qual Rd. Reina is injured in pre season so Carson is in goal. Carson gets injured in the 15th min and have to put hypia in goal. Still end up with a 0-0 draw, and carson gets mom.:confused:

Bizarre alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Had something similiar last nite, had to substitute an injured Crouchy after 35mins when he was on a 9 rating. Still got man of the match because everybody else was on 6,7 and 8's.

Gonna be a big loss, he creates a lot of goals as does Pennant who's a monster of a player in the game once his confidence is high.

Bring on the patches quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Its a shame there is no update function. The amount of work I put in for FM2006, redoing my back room staff and getting my players in/out. Its always a shame to loose all of that so I'd love it they could just release an update version!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Stekelly wrote:
    Just started playing as liverpool. Playing M, Haifa in the CL 3rd Qual Rd. Reina is injured in pre season so Carson is in goal. Carson gets injured in the 15th min and have to put hypia in goal. Still end up with a 0-0 draw, and carson gets mom.:confused:

Isn't carson on loan at charlton?

Im in charge of Celtic and in my first season, already a takeover bid with Sven as manager are in discussion with the current Celtic board.

"Willing to listen to any offers", isnt the status of the current Celtic board anyways.

Why are things so arseways for a game that should be on top of everything

It faaaair annoying when your keeper gets caught with the ball and they score. especially when he has all day to get rid of it.

Just signed Theo walcott from Arsenal €8m, Im Chelsea!!!!! he scored 4 goals in 5 games for Arsenal & they let him go??:confused:
    Also got linked to loads of 18/19 yr old brazilians, one in particular looked good fella called Anderson (i think) 20 yr old brazilian striker with Porto, scout report said he had the potential to be better than shevchenko :eek:
    I'll post up any other handy young players chelsea get linked to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Nani from Sporting Lisbon is a good little buy,
    Settled in Nicely to my man u team
    Bought Adu as well and loaned him to Sporting for the season, 16 apps, 9 goals!

Also sold ferdinand to chelsea and the fans applauded the decision saying he was a negative influence in the dressing room.

EDIT: Here's my starting eleven

*****VDS******
    Nev Brown Vidic Heinze
    Ronnie Scholes Carrick Giggs/Nani
    Toni/Smith/Saha Rooney

Advertisement