Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2007: Opinions/Verdict

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

just installing this now, cant wait!
    anyone spot any good players to sign yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Renato Augusto "Touted as the next Ronaldinho". He could be unique to my game but his value jumped to 10mil pounds from 3mil pounds when I bought him. And he ain't hald bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They usually jump to the value you buy them for at first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just bought the game today! At first sight, thank God its midterm because I am going to need a few days for this one!

What is the story with the Football Manager Live thing that pops up during processing? Im not playing the game on the fastest machine in the world, and yet I cant read the stuff that pops up because it goes so fast. I have it set to "fastest.. No interruptions".. but what are the options for using FM Live? Can I switch it off or what? Should I leave it on as it is and just try to read faster?

Also, what does clicking the browse button on it do??

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the Q's!

Edit.. Gonna start a new thread on this, don't want to hijack this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Tackle69 wrote:
    Isn't carson on loan at charlton?

I sold dudek and recalled carson.(im a fan of carson)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Silva and Rafinha are both cheap wonderkids. Motta for about 4 mill of Barca is a great DM.

The ball never gets thrown by the ball boy back to the keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Im a bit vague on loans & feeder clubs...

Starting my 2nd season now, and i want to look into setting up a feeder club, so I can loan them lots of my youngsters.

But English clubs are restricted to 3/4 loans, right? So what country is the best to go with? Which one allows for the most loans or even unlimited loans!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

SofaKing wrote:
    Starting my 2nd season now

Don't suppose you have the Irish league running? Any idea what happens at the end of the season?
    SofaKing wrote:
    But English clubs are restricted to 3/4 loans, right? So what country is the best to go with? Which one allows for the most loans or even unlimited loans!?

Any continental European team would be decent I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

eircom league goes back to a 12 team league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

deise_boi wrote:
    eircom league goes back to a 12 team league.
    are galway utd in it? :D

man i need to get my computer back up and running for this game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Has anyone played championship manager 2007? I had FM 2006 and as much as i loved it I would like something a little different so i may get champo instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Has anyone played championship manager 2007? I had FM 2006 and as much as i loved it I would like something a little different so i may get champo instead.

There is a thread on this, yes i have played both. Needed a change from fm2006, and thats all champ is good for in my opinion. fm2007 highly outweighs cm2007

I started another game and I'm England manager. Wayne Rooney was banned for my first 2 matches. Fair enough. Then he plays 3 games ( 1 90 mins and 2 45's) without picking up so much as a yellow card, yet now he's banned for 2 international matches, apparently for a sending off. wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

well im just into my second season with Sligo Rovers after finishing 5th (thanks to a 5-0 loss on the last day to Cork! Could have got to europe!) in the first as well as runners up in the League Cup...

Overall it's excellent IMO, but a few glitches here and there:

yet again its got Rovers rivalry mixed up by saying our fierce rivals are Galway, with others being Harps, Derry & Monaghan(wtf!).

also seems to be a lot of sendings off;in my last 3 games, there has been 5 ed cards all for the opposing team (not complaining, just saying!:D )

and has anyone else noticed that the game has the worst ballboys ever!?!
    eg. shot goes wide for a goal kick the ball is thrown back on to the pitch but to the penalty spot! everytime! does my head in when its reachjing the end of a mtch that you're losing etc.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Aero787

I've had a few quick games with Cork City, Celtic, Man Utd, Barca, Inter, and Roma just to get a feel for the game! I was looking at another forum and there was a guy who developed downloads so that Eircom league teams would have logos, player pics, etc. I'll try and find it again. The only complaint I have is with the ballboys. I haven't had any other problems.

Have a look at Oscar Ustari if you're looking for a GK. You might have to send him to a feeder club because he probably won't get a work permit.

This is getting a tad annoying now. Rooney is banned for another 2 games for no reason. Theres no cards, no news in the press, nothing. He just appears as suspended and it says its for a sending off. :mad:

EDIT. GRRRRRRRRR even after I play a game his suspension is still 2 games. WTF is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Stekelly wrote:
    This is getting a tad annoying now. Rooney is banned for another 2 games for no reason. Theres no cards, no news in the press, nothing. He just appears as suspended and it says its for a sending off. :mad:

EDIT. GRRRRRRRRR even after I play a game his suspension is still 2 games. WTF is going on?

noticed this myself... coming to the end of my second season with Man U and Rooney has only played in friendlies for the last 2 years for England... another bug me thinks...

Aero787 wrote:
    I was looking at another forum and there was a guy who developed downloads so that Eircom league teams would have logos, player pics, etc.

Any links yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:

Great stuff, cheers. I'll give that a lash after work.

Is there any reason why Southamptons Kelvin Davis is the most expensive keeper in England (£8m) all of a sudden?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Does anyone elses competition history disappear after a while or is it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Stekelly wrote:
    Is there any reason why Southamptons Kelvin Davis is the most expensive keeper in England (£8m) all of a sudden?

Gary Speed is a bargain at 73m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Anyone know if you can clear the lists of the scouted players when you hit the "reports" button to see who a scout has discovered. Unfortunately, I only have two scouts at the moment (Leeds) and all the players I asked them to look at individually for me are clogging up their recent discoveries.

Some sort of clear and restart thing. I know there's a restart button but that doesn't do it. Nor does clear shortlist, because that option isn't available.

Oh, and Gary Speed is a bargain, I got him yesterday.

bohsman wrote:
    Gary Speed is a bargain at 73m

He's 130k in mine.

Stekelly wrote:

Cos he's a beast!

Only joking, he's a fairly awful keeper. Don't think he's worth that much in mine though...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can anyone fill me in on why you can't offer pre contract agreements from January 1st like in the old game? F**k all money with Wycombe so wanna land me a few freebies!

Assistant Manager doesnt arrange friendlies like I ask him too, f ing idiot

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote:
    Can anyone fill me in on why you can't offer pre contract agreements from January 1st like in the old game? F**k all money with Wycombe so wanna land me a few freebies!

Came across a similar question on the si games forum. Apparently the rules changed and you can only offer contracts somethign like 1 month before they end. Might be an age thing attached to it aswell, ie it only applies to U25's.

Advertisement