Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2007: Opinions/Verdict

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Far too many bugs, latest one annoying me is when I give players a warning for a red card, they feel its harsh then the board tell me to stop fining players as itll disrup harmony so I warned the next fella to get sent off and the board said theyd consider my position due to continues fining of players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

they're working very hard on the update

the rooney thing is an acknowledged problem

as are the Freds/regens

they regen with low technical skills and they dont develop enough

means that by 2020 the best striker in the world will have a finishing of 10

from the official forum
    Hi All,

We would like to thank everybody who has contributed feedback on Football Manager 2007 since release.

Providing support for our games is something we take very seriously at Sports Interactive and we've listened to all of the constructive material we've received.

The 7.0.1 Patch is currently still a work in progress and will contain plenty of refinements and fixes to issues you've brought to our attention.

There is no release date for the patch at this time, but we do anticipate it to reach you at some point this month and it's currently in its final testing phase.

In the meantime we're pleased to provide you with the current Change List for the patch.

Cheers,
    Neil

info - http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/9462009272

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

With all these bugs, i dont really feel like playing until the patch. The need to increase their number of beta testers and stop using the general public as guinea pigs

well the patch will work on games started before the patch

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Garret wrote:
    well the patch will work on games started before the patch

Which is great unless you happen to be in 2020 with a striker who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, I'd imagine! :D

• Advertisement

BTW, whats the ROONEY THING?

Dempsey wrote:
    BTW, whats the ROONEY THING?

The thing someone was saying before about him continually getting banned for no apparent reason for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Right this is doing my head in . I've just announced my first squad for a major tournament (euro 08) and named my 23 man england squad. All fine, a day later im asked to submit my squad numbers, so i click into the squad and i happen to notice egary nevilles name when im clicking auto numbers. Nothing strange there except i didnt name him in my squad, so i read the list and about 25% of the squad is players i didnt pick, wtf? The computer disregarded my squad and picked it's own.

So now i'm playign my first game V germany without 2 of my first choice 4 midfielders because the computer decided to chuck them out of the squad.

Stekelly wrote:
    Right this is doing my head in . I've just announced my first squad for a major tournament (euro 08) and named my 23 man england squad. All fine, a day later im asked to submit my squad numbers, so i click into the squad and i happen to notice egary nevilles name when im clicking auto numbers. Nothing strange there except i didnt name him in my squad, so i read the list and about 25% of the squad is players i didnt pick, wtf? The computer disregarded my squad and picked it's own.

Have you got Bobby Robson involved with your setup? :)

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Which is great unless you happen to be in 2020 with a striker who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo, I'd imagine! :D

its even designed to boost regens technical attributes

if you play w/o the patch its okay cos they make up for it ie brilliant composure etc, and there's a level playing field

justs makes it difficult/unrealistic when gauging how good a player is

• Advertisement

Yes but players have been brought and sold based on the crap attributes. You could had a few really good players in your youth setup at the start.

Its 2016 in my game, had a look at a random premiership struggling team, theres an 18 year old striker with finishing of 18

Just unearthed a huge flaw, new chairman upgraded youth and training facilites

Then they announce to install under soil heating.

I check the information and it says that the seating is getting upgraded by 15000, capacity is reduced from 60500 to 50699, to finish the same day as the under soil heating.

Under soild heating finishes and im left with a stadium with reduced capacity for no fúcking reason and the board are pissed that I asked for it to be increased even though my average last season was 58000+.

How did this game get the thumbs up from beta testing, its a disgrace.

If you get it increased again itll go down by a further 10k, they know about it and would be sure itll be in the patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

When you remove your players from a stupid international friendly in September, do they not get picked for their country again? I took stevie finnan out of the Irish squad for one of these pointless friendlies and he's never made the Irish squad since...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

Superb game. Has anyone good training schedules and tactics to suggest? Preferably files to upload?
    What great players should I buy for Cork City FC?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Worztron wrote: »
    Superb game. Has anyone good training schedules and tactics to suggest? Preferably files to upload?
    What great players should I buy for Cork City FC?
    IMO it was outclassed by its successor FM08 and all FM games afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'm still on FM09 myself. Prefer it to later incarnations. Will check 2012 out to see if it's swung back to my favour :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭Worztron

What would be the best training schedules for defenders, midfielders and forwards?
    I'd prefer if the assistant manager would look after training. In FM 2008 and later - is it possible to let the assistant manager take control of training?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement