Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corks Kent Station

Options
  • 19-10-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Does anyone know whats going on at Kent Station? I know they are doing this €4 million revamp but what about the €25m project we were promised in 2005 to turn the station around to face the quays and bring the Bus Office down there? whats the point in shelling out €4 mill if they have to do it all again?

Most likely becuase Cork is getting fobbed off again and our rubbish public transport isnt getting any improvements from the government. Bus service crap, no nightlinks, and now train station getting a lick of paint a few new shops and a digital clock no less.

If anyone knows if that €25m project is actually going to happen and when, let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I agree with you about the awful state of public transport in Cork...but at the end of the day we have to put pressure on local councillors to improve these amenities...the ones in place are obviously monkeys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Well, I seem to remember reading somewhere that that quays thing is as good as shelved, owing to CIE politics. What I see so far is a bit of roof repair, a few new sleepers, what looks like a new platform for washing trains and lick of paint (not forgetting the digital clock though... not that it matters, since the trains seldom run on time :D)

All said, I know that the info is out there on archiseek (?) or somewhere.
    bjd wrote:
    Does anyone know whats going on at Kent Station? I know they are doing this €4 million revamp but what about the €25m project we were promised in 2005 to turn the station around to face the quays and bring the Bus Office down there? whats the point in shelling out €4 mill if they have to do it all again?

Most likely becuase Cork is getting fobbed off again and our rubbish public transport isnt getting any improvements from the government. Bus service crap, no nightlinks, and now train station getting a lick of paint a few new shops and a digital clock no less.

If anyone knows if that €25m project is actually going to happen and when, let me know.

Advertisement