Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delete account

Options
  • 19-10-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, how do i go about deleting my account

thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

how come?

do i have to go about getting myself banned?

how come?
    Because thats how it is.
    do i have to go about getting myself banned?
    You could always change your password to a series of garbage characters, thus no longer allowing yourself to log in.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If you want to be site-banned, we do them by request.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Can people not just walk away?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

If you want to be site-banned, we do them by request.

Do we?
    I must have missed that memo. :(

Site banning a member doesn't delete their account, it will still be here, they just won't have access to it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ciaran500 wrote:

Not from what we're peddling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Precisely.

Accounts don't get deleted because that erases all posts made under that account and disrupts the space-time continuum.

If your fear, STP is of someone else tracking you through your posts, we can change your username to something else...

If your fear, STP is of someone else tracking you through your posts, we can change your username to something else...
    Thats not really going to work either, since the user name is embedded into the text of a quote, unless you're going to search all posts since the join date for references of his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The (old) search won't allow you search for three-letter words, and a search by username doesn't pick up quotes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

seamus wrote:

unfortunatly i already have been.

thanks for the suggestion seamus, but if they're gonna go to the trouble of doing this once they can do it again.

sure they're more than likely reading this.

anyway, last post here, signing off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

*dons tinfoil hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Icke was right!
    Icke wrote:
    he found himself being guided to visit Egypt, specifically the Temple of Hathor at Dendera. The astonishing photographs he took there suggest that we were ruled then by a race of reptilian aliens
    Sounds like Goa'uld to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement