Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Sign up to BT - The horror

Options
  • 19-10-2006 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

So I have decided to try and get BT 2mb and talk package. After dealing with eircom, IBB and NTL, I thought I had dealt with some of the worst customer care/support lines you could come across. I was wrong. BT without doubt have the worst Sales/Customer Care setup, I have encountered. In fact I am starting to wonder if BT just have 2 people working in a garage who take it in turn to put people on hold.
    I went through the process of ordering the package online. All seemed well but I received an email saying there was a problem and to contact them. After being on hold for an hour, I decided to mail them. After receiving a mail saying they would reply in 4 days, I decided to try my luck at ringing them again. Another half an hour later, I put in for a call back. I received a call back from someone in sales, who said I had an a/c but it had no bank details. They transferred me to customer care ( more waiting ) who asked what i wanted and before I could say much, said they were transferring me back to sales. More waiting, so i put in for another call back. It never came. I called again the next day after receiving no info. More waiting. Another call back. Someone from sales said the people i spoke to previously were talking rubbish and there was an a/c setup but with no package ordered. Hurrah, I am getting somewhere. Nope they cant complete the order as it was web based. Transfer, on Hold, more waiting, now waiting for a call back......

If these companies want to take market share from eircom, surely they could concentrate a little on having a more effiencent setup. I was left speachless by their inability to do such a simple task, as take my order. I am giving them to the end of the day and then biting the bullet and going with eircom ( a lot more expensive ).

Its truely amazing how these companies can stay in business and be run in such a innefficient way.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have had a recent nightmare with BT too but to be fair to their customer care staff they were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/15/euro_broadband_rates/

"Denmark and the UK, have taken action to ensure there is choice and competition"

Thats something this country lacks in a number of areas. It really is a disgrace how broadband has been handled in this country. And it doesn't help that the companies who are trying to compete aren't up to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Have to agree whole heartily with the OP. I am presently trying to order two packages of BT and it's like they don't want my business. I have been on hold for hours, transferred endlessly and I have just found out they lost of my orders so I had to start the whole process again. :mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

monkey24 wrote:
    So I have decided to try and get BT 2mb and talk package. After dealing with eircom, IBB and NTL, I thought I had dealt with ...........

Its truely amazing how these companies can stay in business and be run in such a innefficient way.

While they may offer good value do you really want to do business with a company that is so mindbogglingly inefficient that it cannot take an order.?

Bear in mind that they could not run their billing department either for years and that if you ever get signed up you may have to cope with the perils of billing:rolleyes:

Advertisement