Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any interest in a Mach II supercooler - 95% working

• 19-10-2006 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Posting here as its rather niche (vs a general forsale board).
    Similar to this: http://reviews.pcapex.com/cooling/prometeia_mach_ii.php?page=5

Thinking I will get out of the phase cooling game. I have a MachII super cooler, R507 gas, mechanically works perfect with awesome cooling power. However it has one annoying problem, the Temp Sensor controlling its power on is malfunctioning, so it tends to think the ambient temperature is much higher than reality, preventing the unit from powering on. However...

I got around this by simply wiring the sensor connection to a variable resistor, change the amount of resistance = change the temp on the display. Its preset to boot at -20c, so I usually leave it at -19c and it knocks itself over to -20c and boots fine. When running and powering down works flawlessly.

Its easily repairable if you are inclined (some places on the web will do it), its unfortunately a design "feature" of MachIIs, the extreme cold limits the lifespan of the sensor, which is why Im not pushed to change it for a little extra convenience when booting. This system is currently running an Athlon X2 4200 at 3.0GHz straight, but ran a FX57 at over 3600Mhz, P4 at 4.x GHz etc.

Previously sold one of these units for €700 (€1100 when new), but would accept a top end case + cpu cooler or some sensible monetary transaction.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm interested but have a limited budget untill the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I would also be happy taking this off your hands, As it looks ill never get this 3500+ to 3ghz on air or water.

When you say high end case, you mean a lian li case, or something like a p180 ?

And cpu cooler you mean something like a freezer 64 pro ?

And is that all you want ? or that plus money ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

anti wrote:
    I would also be happy taking this off your hands, As it looks ill never get this 3500+ to 3ghz on air or water.

When you say high end case, you mean a lian li case, or something like a p180 ?

And cpu cooler you mean something like a freezer 64 pro ?

And is that all you want ? or that plus money ?

The Antec 180 isnt all that pricey, really thinking more about a Lian Li. Also need a Core2Duo compatible Heatsink (presume any good 775 Cooler will do).

Matt

First €150 gets it at this stage..!

im broke atm, so ill offer 100€

Sorry is thats offensive....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'll take it @ 150. Where ya based? Drop us a pm m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

PogMoThoin wrote:
    I'll take it @ 150. Where ya based? Drop us a pm m8.

good deal

and also we have a bussiness in fridges,air con and beer coolers and i can get ya a temp sensor for it if you want.

awhir wrote:
    good deal

and also we have a bussiness in fridges,air con and beer coolers and i can get ya a temp sensor for it if you want.

Cheers, i'll prob take ya up on that m8. Got a lot of reading 2 do on phase now :D

PM sent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok was talking to my bro and he said he would have to see it to know what type of probe it would need.

matt what is broke is it just the probe or the display led??

he also said he could probley make 1 .funny home made phase :D

• Advertisement

Been advised to change the evap and use the vapochill cpu kit on it. It's a very common mod these days, since using sealstring can be a bit messy....

Also i've contacted this guy for advise: http://www.worldoverclockingleague.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=103

I'll prob collect it during the week, maybe wed. I'll be heading to Gal on sat, so i'll be in touch m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Lol, I was thinking more around the 500 mark for it. Damm PMT.

krazy_8s wrote:
    Lol, I was thinking more around the 500 mark for it. Damm PMT.

Hehe :p

just wondering can we see a cpuz shot of this, and a few others. VEry interested to see.

Advertisement