Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advise on fish

Options
  • 19-10-2006 3:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

first of all, i wanna apologise if this is the wrong forum, i couldn find a section for pets.

ok

i bought a mall tank for my little fella a couple of weeks ago. i got water treatment for the water before i put the fish in. it said put 2 capfuls into a new aquarium, is this too much for a tank about twice the sixe of a standard gold fish bowl??

second, the dude gave me goldfish food, the 3 fish are not goldfish,, does this matter.

third, i have no light in the tank, will this harm the fish swiiming into things at night or can they easily adapt?

third,. every now and then, the fish have a long streak of something, which ive put down to excrement eminating from there bodies, sometimes the lenght of the fish itself or longer. is this normal, or have i put too much treatment in the water and gave them fishy diarhia?

thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

A mod will move it to pet forum.....
    A few things... He must have been some moron who sold it to you. Goldfish food he gave you..:rolleyes:
    Anyway, fish poo shouldnt be long and stringy, it points to poor fish health, usually water quality. Did you let the tank lie full of water and filtering for a few weeks before adding fish??

fish dont mind it with lights out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

sorry lads, , thanks

yeah i thought as much with the food, it was a japenese guy in the petshop.

it says on the water treatment to leave for 3 or 4 days. i left it for 5...what can i do to rectify the situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just weather the storm.
    The last tank i set up was a 6 foot African Cichlid tank. I left it fishless for 8 weeks while it filtered away, to get the biocycle going.
    Setting up a tank properly takes time.

i know, i should have taken my time. the water is fookin filthy by now,,,..

is the humane thing to do to flush little gary, joanne, and sparky down the loo. and start again,,, or can i clean the water and start again, yet keep the new members of the family alive?

Advertisement