Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70% dark chocolate and (partially rotten) Finnish cranberries

• 19-10-2006 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭

...anyone ever tried this? Fantastic. I'm not sure how essential the few slightly rotten (non-bouncing) cranberries are but from trying with 100% non-rotten ones my feeling is that the a few slightly rotten ones add a certain complexity of flavour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Wot?? Do you make this yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

that does not sound in any way appealing to my taste buds!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would probably sound more appealing if the OP described them as "partially fermented."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Don't knock it until you've tried it! Hill Billy is right on, it is a sort of partially fermented taste. Only about one in ten max would be like this in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I have never heard of that. Definitely not a widespread Finnish thing. Cranberries are popular but not really with chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I wouldn't allege that it was in any way popular in Finland, that was just where the cranberries came from. They were the small ones and somewhat moist, not big hard and dry like the American ones. Unfortunately local grocer only had them in for a few weeks and it will be next year now until they have them again... Definately went excellently with dark chocolate, but then I also like things like chilli and herbs with chocolate.

Advertisement