Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Small Business Server

Options
  • 19-10-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi guys,

We now have a server running Microsoft Small Business Server software. The server is just up and running. But here is the problem.

The connection wizard for other computers on the net when you try and run it just said that this service is not available for XP home.

How can I connect to it with a computer running XP home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

You need to have XP professional to join a domain. To access files you will need to share them on the server and then map the drive on the XP home machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Is there no way to use XP home Media.

I have XP Pro, but that's just pants if I have to install that.
    petes wrote:
    You need to have XP professional to join a domain. To access files you will need to share them on the server and then map the drive on the XP home machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Xteq X-Setup 6.1 is supposed to modify your XP Home to allow it to join a domain.. dunno if its true.. i had the same issue a few years ago and just went to XP Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

defib wrote:
    Is there no way to use XP home Media.

I have XP Pro, but that's just pants if I have to install that.

I'd just upgrade to XP Pro or you could try mapping the drives as I said in my first post.

Advertisement