Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

repair of minor scratches and scrapes of car bodywork?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

Would appreciate some opinions on this.

I bought a 02 car a few months ago. In general, it is in good condition, but it does have some minor scratches and scrapes on the bodywork. They aren't really that noticable from far away but up close you can see them.

I'm wondering if I should get them repaired and if so, how best to go about it.

I guess I want them repaired to avoid possible rusting and also just to keep the car looking decent also.

I know you can get some DIY kits for touchup but my experience of using DIY anything is you can make things worse than before and end up having to get a proper job done in the end anyway.

Any thoughts re this? Would you recommend I go to a bodywork repair place and if so, any you'd recommend specifically?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Don't DIY it unless you really know what your doing. I've seen so many botched DIY jobs. Sometimes a good buffing will remove a lot of blemishes. Keep you car's paint well polished. A car which has little or no polish can be marked by a light glance of your finger nails (especially darker colours). These marks look like scratches but are easily removed by a competent person. Most valetors will be able to do this.

Advertisement