Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine not draining!

Options
  • 19-10-2006 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

my washing machine has stopped draining properly and then gets stuck mid cycle. I've checked the filter and it was not blocked there. How would i go about checking the waste pipe?

it's connecting into the pipes under the sink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

take the pipe out of the drainpipe, and put it in a large bucket at ground level and see if it it drains into that.

This will at least eliminate the possibility that there's a problem with your drain.

If you hold the pipe low enough, it will probably drain even when switched off.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It may be that the waste water pump has broken or is stuck somehow.

Try what antoin suggests first.

What make/model is the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 decelec

Hi i have seen this twice
    First impeller came off the shaft of the drain motor.
    Second Neutral connection broken at drain motor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd be inclined to think its the drain pump. When you select the drain cycle on the machine can you hear any pumping noise or is everything quiet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

I had the same trouble,her bra wire got stuck in the impeller in the pump.
    Made a lot of noise when tryin to drain and was obvious where it was coming from.Fixed and corrected the problem but remember to put a bucket and a lot of towels around the machine when diconnecting hose from the drum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

crosstownk wrote:
    I'd be inclined to think its the drain pump. When you select the drain cycle on the machine can you hear any pumping noise or is everything quiet?

agree with crosstown , if you select the drain option on your machine if you dont hear a humming noise thats your problem , if you do you've got a blockage somewhere

Advertisement