Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with this?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I know these are used in conjunction with a vodafone contract for 3G or whatever, but what use is the card on its own? If I got that, would I be able to connect to broadband? Would I need a vodafone sim card with 3G capabilities?

Any feedback would be appeciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I know these are used in conjunction with a vodafone contract for 3G or whatever, but what use is the card on its own?
    It's chaper than buying one directky from VF if you want a pay as you go account.
    If I got that, would I be able to connect to broadband?
    Not with just that card. And it's only capable of a max of 384k - it doesn't support the HSDPA speeds of 1.8 that are available in some areas.
    Would I need a vodafone sim card with 3G capabilities?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the replies. So I don't need to sign up to a contract with Vodafone? Can I connect by putting any vodafone 3G sim in? Any idea of the cost of connecting pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

cormie wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. So I don't need to sign up to a contract with Vodafone?
    I have no idea.
    Can I connect by putting any vodafone 3G sim in?
    I have no idea.
    Any idea of the cost of connecting pay as you go?
    Vodafone Data Tariffs.

Advertisement