Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for a month

Options
  • 19-10-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Is it possible?

How to go about it?

I only need it for 1 month.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

STaN wrote:
    Is it possible?

How to go about it?

Afaik the shortest contracts nowadays are 6 months. Probably take you the best part of a month to even sign up for bb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

dub45 wrote:
    Afaik the shortest contracts nowadays are 6 months. Probably take you the best part of a month to even sign up for bb!
    Ripwave doesn't have a 6 month contract. Whether it would suffice is a different question. When it works, it's perfectly adequate for browsing and e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I could live with pay as you go Dial-up for a month if it's only email and a bit of browsing .... :rolleyes:

or, pop down the "Cafe" ...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dellsmore

STaN wrote:
    Is it possible?

How to go about it?

If you have a neighbour that already has broadband that they'd be willing to share with you you could try running a cable over to their house. You'd probably need a switch/hub at their end as well.

Another alternative would be a wireless link to an accomodating neighbour - they would of course need an access point and you'd need an appropriate wireless adapter on your PC.

The 3rd option is a bit naughty - using wireless "sniff" the airwaves and see if there are any open access points near you. I don't particularily recommend doing this one as you could end up with some large, hairy, irate individual banging on your door.......especially if you've managed to blow their monthly broadband cap!

Advertisement