Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everyone Must Post Here before posting in an SU thread. READ

Options
  • 19-10-2006 6:09pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok folks, similar to last year, this is the thread for you to post what ties (past and present), if any, that you have with the SU.

If you do not have any ties, write something like "unaffiliated". This is mandatory for people who want to post in SU-related threads. The decision comes on foot of experience last year, and also, this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=206793.

I really want to thrash SU issues out in this forum properly, because it could be an important aspect of student life in UCD, if the bloody thing would just do what it's supposed to. I don't see any reason at the moment to reinstate DeVore's ban. Please don't give me reason to.

Any SU officers who lie about their affiliation will be banned from SU discussion on this site.

Have a nice day,
    hullaballoo.

Auf.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Class rep here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Grimes - Unaffiliated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

3rd Medicine rep here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

I'm a class rep from last year and I'm on the Bar, Welfare and Education committees of UCDSU.

There's a election in early November so I might get elected to the Council then.

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Elmo- Unaffiliated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Secretary of the 2005-06 year and still currently on the Editorial Board of UCDSU.net.

Chakar wrote:
    I'm a class rep from last year and I'm on the Bar, Welfare and Education committees of UCDSU.

There's a election in early November so I might get elected to the Council then.

Meh.

Off topic......
    How does one get on these comittees?? I sent Barry an email about the welfare comitee ages ago,but no reply!
    Also wasnt there meant to be a worlds aids talk on tonight in the Student Centre this evening. I came all the way in from the terrace and no one was there.Went down to union Corridor and no one was there!This happens to me frequently at union events....Am I getting the wrong texts and emails?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Unaffiliated to the SU aside from being a member of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

panda100 wrote:
    Off topic......
    How does one get on these comittees?? I sent Barry an email about the welfare comitee ages ago,but no reply!
    Also wasnt there meant to be a worlds aids talk on tonight in the Student Centre this evening. I came all the way in from the terrace and no one was there.Went down to union Corridor and no one was there!This happens to me frequently at union events....Am I getting the wrong texts and emails?

The committees were elected at the first council I'm afraid you've have to ask Barry.

The Union opening hours are 10 to 6 so everyone left.The WorldAid society's events have nothing to do with the Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Rep for the center club management committee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Nosy unaffiliated fence-sitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

nothing to do with the ol' SU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Recently finished but have never had anything to do with the SU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Chakar wrote:
    The committees were elected at the first council I'm afraid you've have to ask Barry.

You don't have to have been elected - both Barry and Brian said you were more than welcome to join either committee without being elected - the more the merrier in there opinion.

3rd Radiography Class rep and a member of the welfare committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Programme Officer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Incumbent Postgraduate Officer Union Of Students Ireland (U.S.I) 06/07
    Former Chairperson Of UCDSU Council 2006
    Former Vice Chairperson of UCDSU Council 2005
    Former 3rd Politics Class Representative 2005/2006
    Defeated UCDSU Presidential Candidate 2004/2005

Oh yeah and I made certain that Anto Kelly got some metal to the Sudent Bar. Rember Metallitia November 2005 ! It was vital that i did that ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Currently Health Science Programme Officer
    Class Rep 04/05 and 05/06
    Outlying Faculties Officer Emeritus (just because I've always wanted to use the word Emeritus!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Current Vice-Secretary.
    Not a class rep.
    Generally interested party.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Would rather spork my eyes out than have anything to do with the SU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

At this moment: unaffiliated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

3rd Arts Class rep.
    Former 2nd Arts Class rep
    Defeated UCDSU Education Candidate
    Unaffiliiated, generally called a lefty :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm nuffink to you now. (Nor was I ever.)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

3rd Arts Class rep.
    Former 2nd Arts Class rep
    Defeated UCDSU Education Candidate
    Unaffiliiated, generally called a lefty :rolleyes:
    You'd hardly consider yourself right wing?

Isnt everyone unaffiliated as such since there are no parties at council?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Would rather spork my eyes out than have anything to do with the SU.
    lol, indeed.

Unafilliated, although winding up SU hacks can be fun.

Chakar wrote:
    The WorldAid society's events have nothing to do with the Union.

It was actually a union organised talk that I got sent a text about through the class rep system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Was it meant to be about the World Aids Day extravaganza Panda?

Unaffiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

panda100 wrote:

Well constitutionally theres 10 ppl on these committees decded at first council, ( I'm on the welfare one) but when the committee actually meets all interested folk are welcome to come. Give Barry a ring after the weekend, + I'll pm u if u want if I hear when the welfare one is meeting.

Back OT, I'm a rep and quite a hack if if I'm being honest. Also tried to get on exec but lost an election at first council (a topic on which I can bitch about ppl ad infinitum so dont bring it up...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

dajaffa wrote:
    Well constitutionally theres 10 ppl on these committees decded at first council, ( I'm on the welfare one) but when the committee actually meets all interested folk are welcome to come. Give Barry a ring after the weekend, + I'll pm u if u want if I hear when the welfare one is meeting.

Back OT, I'm a rep and quite a hack if if I'm being honest. Also tried to get on exec but lost an election at first council (a topic on which I can bitch about ppl ad infinitum so dont bring it up...)
    Its only cos she fancies him..
    *maybe*

And quite a hack is the understatement of the century

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

People, please don't spam this thread. It should be long enough if everyone who posts in an SU thread posts here too. I'd like to keep it clean so that people reading it can see clearly who's who. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Final Year Politics & International Relations Representative. Although, if you'd read any of my previous posts on this forum, you'd probably know that!

On an aside, I can't help to notice the tags for this thread are: draconian fascist antediluvian hullaballoo is a nazi right wing.

Advertisement