Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to tell me the best places for students to live? Kinda has to be cheap for me lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sorry to post in an old thread but i too am interested to know about LIT accomodation!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

there are few options, you can:
    a: get an accommadation list from said office and go house hunting around caherdavin. imo most of the houses are fairly sh1t, they are old and often have 6 people with only 1 shower which is annoying if you plan to go to your 9'oclocks:)

b:go with one of the student villages. i can't speak for cratloe but thomond is fairly decent (the walls are made of paper but who cares) theres 3 people per house and each has their own shower. it has the major advantage of having broadband and lots of house partys.

i went with option a in my 1st year in lit but moved to option b after 6 months. i;m going back to thomond again this year specifically for the bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

probably a bit late but dont go near thomond or cratloe...security are way too strict so u can ave no fun atall...also they will both rip you off when it comes to getting deposit back and will charge way too much when it comes to payin electricity at end of year.

way better off gettin a house around. try places like caherdavin meadows, coolraine heights, clonile or shannonvale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

lit soundas like a great place to go to college, its a pity though im from donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Theres a housing estate across from Dave and kays thats decent enough and goes for cheap, wouldent recommend and student villages especially thomond, the place is destroyed holes in walls rats, all houses smell like rotten food dirty walls and you wont get you deposit back cause they are tight even if u keep the place in top condition, polish security/staff will give you loads of hassle can even refuse to let you in if you forgot your card, not to mention, risking walking down "that" Roads where many people have been robed and got the **** kicked out of them by scumbags, and if you drive expect to get a rock through your window and the ocasional firework launched at you or your apartment around halloween! ahh the memories did have fun wrecking the place though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

Cato wrote: »
    Theres a housing estate across from Dave and kays thats decent enough and goes for cheap, wouldent recommend and student villages especially thomond, the place is destroyed holes in walls rats, all houses smell like rotten food dirty walls and you wont get you deposit back cause they are tight even if u keep the place in top condition, polish security/staff will give you loads of hassle can even refuse to let you in if you forgot your card, not to mention, risking walking down "that" Roads where many people have been robed and got the **** kicked out of them by scumbags, and if you drive expect to get a rock through your window and the ocasional firework launched at you or your apartment around halloween! ahh the memories did have fun wrecking the place though.

agree 100% on that one, it was only good when it was new, its really showing wear and tear now!!! Dont get me started on "that" road, if its dark you cant leave the place unless its in a car. Last year there was a massive car chase on it, the scummers legged it out of their stolen cars hopped the wall into thomond and hid in peoples ****ing apartments!!

i lived there for two years and did have a good laugh, but im in a house this year in stoney meadows and its sooooooo much better, the house is a tip but at least if you have a party you can fit more than 10 people in the place, and no security to deal with, and a sitting room!!!!! plus you dont have people constantly playing hurling up against your wall 24/7!!

I also find living in a house makes you go out and explore an awful lot more, i have gotten to know and love limerick soo much more this year. but hey thats just my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Marz_1

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me the best places for students to live? Kinda has to be cheap for me lol.
    If u want in Birmingham i am able 2 help u

Advertisement