Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Authenticity of Ebay stuff

• 19-10-2006 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Been browsing recently. I have seen jeans selling for 13euro which cost 69 odd from their own website. Surely this cant be authentic?

The sellers all have great ratings and our power sellers. But still. I also believe if something looks to good to be true, it usually is.

Just wondering if many people here use it, and how do they find it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I suppose you can never tell until you get your hands on the goods really. I've bought a couple of designer items off ebay before that have been way cheaper than the general asking price and 100% authentic. I'm always a bit suspicious but so far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Would only buy from people who I know from other forums, or people who have been vouched for by them, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Bought some stuff in the past and dodgy, do not buy clothes on it anymore really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

As a general rule, if it looks too good to be true it probably is, although even saving 20-50% may still only be buying you fakes. Have a look at the sellers feedback. those dealing in fakes generally tend to have a few people giving negative feedback saying so ... the rest either knew what they were getting into, never realised, or just didn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

eBay is dodgy for clothes. I got a few items off it before and most of the stuff was fake. You pay for what you get I suppose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Katyspice

hi - I have been both a Seller and a buyer. I think more often than not most are not fakes....

Wholesalers that purchase from closeouts of large US store, etc are the reason most of the stuff is so cheap.

if bidding on an item from a seller that I may have a slight doubt about, I will email someone who has had previous transaction with and ask for their opinion.

Buyer be aware, but be fair - not everyone is a thief...

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Don't forget that if the seller refunds the money if the item is counterfeit then the negative feedback you leave is removed, leaving the next buyer unaware. Ebay don't really care about counterfeit traders, it's all money in their pocket.

Advertisement