Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good horse riding school in Dublin?

• 19-10-2006 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one? I heard about one in Rathcoole but don't know anyone who's been..

Also, what sort of price are riding lessons? I haven't been for a few years and want to get back into it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭popppy

My son goes riding in Enniskerry, it costs €20 for an hour. I think it maybe a little more for adults........ I googled riding schools in Dublin/Wicklow and got the name of the place in Enniskerry, which I am really happy with. Good luck with your search !! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its really hard to find a good school in Dublin. Calliaghstown RS is near Rathcoole, but I've heard mixed reports about it recently. Brennanstown near Bray has the best reputation but is very difficult to get into; you'd have to go on a waiting list. Killegar in Kilternan is supposed to be nice and relaxed.

Lessons are about €25-€30 these days.

Hope you find a nice school, and if you do, let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BreeVdK

I used to go to a riding school in Carrickmines. I was happy with the set-up and the people working there were friendly which isn't always the case in riding schools for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

fits wrote:
    Lessons are about €25-€30 these days.
    Jesus christ!!! I remember paying £6/hour for lessons :eek:

Can't help eth0_, I'm from Tipperary. I know a good school there if that is any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Rabies wrote:
    Jesus christ!!! I remember paying £6/hour for lessons :eek:

Can't help eth0_, I'm from Tipperary. I know a good school there if that is any help.

Same for me when I was a kid, then I used to get free lessons/treks for working in the riding school. Ah, them were the days. Slave labour :)

Tipp is a bit far to go every week ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

eth0_ wrote:
    Same for me when I was a kid, then I used to get free lessons/treks for working in the riding school. Ah, them were the days. Slave labour :)
    Yup, same here. Included free livery at times and free travel to different event
    The owner was my neighbour and the school was a 5min walk from my house, kinda helped :D

etho, if you go the the Holmestead store off the N7 south, they will be able to tell you the best place to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

If its the same place in Enniskerry that I`m thinking of its a nice place for hacking, I haven`t had any lessons there in a while (found a half livery, yaye!) but I do know that the instructors that I knew of have left which is unfortunate as they were both very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pinky99

Does anyone know of any good horse riding schools that is near Rathfarnham? Would love to go for a few lessons. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

<Deleted, old thread>

There is a list of places in the stickies on the Equestrian Forum

Advertisement