Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Monitors...

Options
  • 19-10-2006 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I want to buy my husband a new moitor for the pc and i know he'd like an LCD one.can anyone give me any clues as to what i should be looking for?I'm looking to spend about 250euro.If anyone has bought a good one of these lately i'd appreciate any info.Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭realblackstuff

Both those screens are of the 'wide screen' variety. They are nice for watching DVDs on and playing games, but they might not be everyone's choice.

If hubbie does not play DVDs and/or is not a 'gamer', then one of the best 'normal' LCDs would be this:
    Dell 1907FP, 19" LCD, €282.17 incl. VAT & shipping
    http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=53801

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tina27a

Thanks for the replies.He doesn't watch dvd's on the pc but he is a gamer so should i be looking at widescreens?Are they better for games?Sorry for the questions but i haven't a clue about these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭realblackstuff

Why don't you ask hubbie what he would prefer (or have a friend ask him 'on the sly' if it's for a surprise gift.
    I'm not a gamer myself and personally I don't like the wide-screen monitors, so I can't really answer your question.
    What gamers DO need though are very quick refresh times.
    Read up more on it here, if you like: http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3174_7-6246982.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

widescreen monitors are very good for gaming, and for general web browsing and office stuff as you can see more with out having to scroll left or right.
    most games nowadays support widescreen and even those that dont are still playable.

i went from a normal monitor to a widescreen a while back and i would never go back to a regular monitor
    the 19"lg is very good value but the 20"lg is a much better monitor so i think its down to how much u really want to spend.

Personly i would go for the 20"lg even though its more expensive, it will last him for a number of years and having the higher resoulation of 1650x1080 makes a big differrence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement