Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Traffic lights?

Options
  • 19-10-2006 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Whats the deal with traffic lights today? When I press the button does it actually make it light any quicker or are they just for blind people crossing the road? I remember they used to have the old traffic lights where you'd press a button and wait would come up but the new ones dont seem to make a difference. Also I notice its nearly always only old people who actually press it. So should I be pressing the button or are they just for blind people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Depends on the location, I'm pretty sure in the likes of DCC most are optimized for smooth traffic flow, both motorized and pedestrian. Where as the single set of traffic lights in Cavan town do nothing unless the button is pressed, upon which they turn red within seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Push the button. The WAIT sign is a thing of the past - just wait for the double-time beeps and you can cross safely :D

Like Mirror says - depends on the location. Some pedestrian lights allow for pedestrian traffic all the time (in a city for example) others work on an 'on demand' basis.

Advertisement