Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muslim revert's

• 19-10-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

asalam alikom everyone and also a belated Ramadan Kareem. I am an irish catholic for the moment in time i have been studing Islam for the last 3 years well not so much studying but reading all the information i can get.The more i read the more amazing Islam comes to me. I am just curious also a little worried because when i revert to Islam things will go crazy in my entire family and i am not sure what to do yet,i know becoming a muslim is the right thing to do for me i feel pissed off at myself that i am not yet a muslim,i think my biggest problem is i do not know any muslims in ireland just havea few muslim friends off the net. So i am looking for advice from any brothers or sisters out there on my problem or if anyone on here has experenced something like this please respond.

massalaameh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Firstly, your family may go a bit crazy if you try to convert to any religon.

Secondly, due to the recent terrorism, people sadly seem to think that Muslim = suicide bomber, thus if you get a nice Muslim (priest) dude over, and let your parents pick his brain, they may see that the Muslim religon is just as peacefull as the Catholic religon.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭babyvaio

niall_ie wrote:
    asalam alikom everyone and also a belated Ramadan Kareem. I am an irish catholic for the moment in time i have been studing Islam for the last 3 years well not so much studying but reading all the information i can get.The more i read the more amazing Islam comes to me. I am just curious also a little worried because when i revert to Islam things will go crazy in my entire family and i am not sure what to do yet,i know becoming a muslim is the right thing to do for me i feel pissed off at myself that i am not yet a muslim,i think my biggest problem is i do not know any muslims in ireland just havea few muslim friends off the net. So i am looking for advice from any brothers or sisters out there on my problem or if anyone on here has experenced something like this please respond.

massalaameh

We alaikumu salaam niall_ie ;)

DDon't worry about these things that might happen. If Allah's Will is to guide you to Islam (and obviously He has been showing you the True Path), then there are no worries for you, He can make all the things easy for you.

If you are by any chance still awake tonite, ask Allah the Most High to make you a true Muslim; Allah Willing tonite is The Night - The Night of Power, worth more that a 1000 months! This night has also other names.

PS Send me a PM and we can meet if you want, hopefully I could be of some help. ;)

97. Al-Qadr : Destiny

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَاهُ فِي لَيْلَةِ الْقَدْرِ

Lo! We revealed it on the Night of Power.
    97:1

وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ

Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Night of Power is!
    97:2

لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍ

The Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
    97:3

تَنَزَّلُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ وَالرُّوحُ فِيهَا بِإِذْنِ رَبِّهِم مِّن كُلِّ أَمْرٍ

The angels and the Spirit descend therein, by the permission of their Lord, with all decrees.
    97:4

سَلَامٌ هِيَ حَتَّى مَطْلَعِ الْفَجْرِ

(That night is) Peace until the rising of the dawn.
    97:5

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Hi Neil,

I was pleased to hear about you studying Islam. well done.

my only advice is to just talk to your family..you cannot hide this.
    Islam is a way of life as you know, so when the time is right (only you will know when) talk to them.
    Explain why you have taken this step in your life, when they ask you Q's you need to have the background to answer otherwise you'll look as if you've been miss lead or something of that sort.
    I wouldn't recommend bringing an Imam to the house, it's a family matter..you need to sort it.

if you dont mind me asking,...how old are you? and why have you taken an interest in Islam?

All the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Wa Alaykom Al Salam!

Masha Allah! (it is as God wills it!)

Very happy to hear about your news niall_ie!! :D May Allah make your final step an easy one Insha Allah.

For sure, things can be a little complicated once someone reverts to Islam. The family and friends issue is of course the main one. I think it depends largely on the religious ideas of your family (are they very religious or do they just go to church?) and also on the amount of knowledge they have on Islam (do they know it well or just what they hear on the tv?).

I'm afraid I can't give you much advice except that you need to try and be as patient as possible and be prepared for any kind of response from your family. Be very careful not to get aggressive because (as I'm sure you know) being unkind or rude to your parents is very much disliked by God.

Suff's advice on preparing what you're going to say if they ask this or that is very solid.

And babyvaio's advice to pray to God to help you is very good solid advice too.

Maybe you can use the following site to find an Islamic centre near where you live and take a trip down there and hope to find out some reverts in the area. Also, I'm very good friends with an Irish revert. Let me know if you'd like to get in contact with him.

The site:
    http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayer.php?country=ireland

I hope that all goes well. Please let us know how you get on.

Salam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a random soul

• Advertisement
Advertisement