Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bf2142 boardsies

Options
  • 20-10-2006 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

so since all the 2142 threads have gone down the "it sucks, spyware hax ftl" etc. road, how about some chat from those of us that actually own the game...

what i'm getting at here is what's your usernames? we'll all add each other then proceed to pwn against or with other boardsies... then come back and mock the philistines and their bf2142-2140 :D

in a shockingly original move, mine is projectmayhem

add meh :D

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Shut up you with your 'I own the game, weh weh weh'.

I'm getting it tomorrow am. Can't play it til Saturday night though.

Anyway, mine is Viriconia. Surprised?

P.S before anyone starts, you have 5 other threads to moan re: 2142. Leave this one alone. Plzkthx.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

preloaded it... cant launch it without getting some wierd verification error...

nick will be mont0r

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

waiting on my delivery from play.com, so who knows when i 'll get it...but my nick will be Hairwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Going to brave the horrible friday trafiic to pick it up. Probably won't get into straight away, was very slow getting into BF2. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

mumble grumble mumble ..feckin play.com..mumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

installing it rite now, cant feckin wait to play a map that isn't the demo one:D

my nick is padmoi_IRL, addige away...

Stupid master server keeps timing out. This is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Installed with no problem. Played for 15 minutes. Got bored. Switched it off.

Maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of thing.

:(

I'm Doubledown1138 in the game, by the way.

As my boards name is. Figured my ea server thingy, only allowed outbound on my firewall oops. So far meh!!, can see myslef on BF2 more. altho i felt the same at first with BF2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TheHig

S'mise TheHig

Look forward to playin with you guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I wouldn't consider myself a boardsie but my name is: Dazzawonga82.

Game is much better then the demo would suggest, Tunis Harbour is the sh1t, great map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I would be playing but getting the 'insert correct disk error' damn EA

Anyway if I ever do get it running names Jonnybadd, surprisingly

Any stats sties out yet.

Mainly going recon, very hard to get a 1 shot kill with sniper, got about 12 kill assists in 1 round last night. Still undecided on whether i like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Couldnt use Berns :(
    so went with Bernss :rolleyes:
    Tried addin a few but no luck on some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Did u try Bernz?

Anyway mine is [shock] DarthWraak [/shock]

This is the first time I got a Battlefield game, so I am teh suck at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Jaggeh_ie (or just look at the first page for top knife killers :D)

i friggin love this game. all your dog tags are belong to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

jaggeh wrote:
    Jaggeh_ie (or just look at the first page for top knife killers :D)

i friggin love this game. all your dog tags are belong to me!

What do they actually do?

ZillahRex btw.

Has anyone else noticed that the BF2 veterans tend to compose the top 50% of the score board usually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Andeh

Im Triad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Zillah wrote:
    What do they actually do?

It keeps a unique record of everyone you stab and eventually you get a different knife.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Nice sizeable thread, fair play to people who really dont like this game or EA etc etc for not ruining it.

My name is Lyteo.
    I'm kinda new to battlefield entirley (played it on ps2 rofl) but I'm having no problems atm.
    Got the game working, at last, a few hours ago. Think I like being assault more than anything else, although I havent really tried much stuff.

I think this game really needs to be played out the way it was designed, for teamwork with squads and a good commander.
    So far its been ok on that front. I'm sure its more fun in a proper game.

Any Irish clans? Gonna make one?
    Got a Vent or TS channel?

Anyhow, add me :D Lyteo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Im really enjoying the game at the mo and the name I use is "Jayzus". I had the proud honour of being no.1 player in Ireland for all of 40 minutes until Roguegranny (and several others) passed me out. Im seriously thinkin of starting up an Irish (only?) clan for this game. add me on buddy list if your interested and we might work from there.

I even made a new signature sigcopyyj9.jpg

Cool.
    As it turns out, since that last post, I have a nack for gunning in the gunship. Although I'm not experienced enough to know if its an easy thing to do or not... AND the pilot was ****ing ace, forgot to add him to buddy list. We stayed in the air the whole match and died like 3 times or so while racking up insane kills.

TheHig was there :D

**** sake, look at the time!! lol

Well it appears good pilots are hard to find, since that guy left the server I havent seen one good decent pilot with control and ability to make use of the gunner.

nn lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

KoKane wrote:
    Well it appears good pilots are hard to find, since that guy left the server I havent seen one good decent pilot with control and ability to make use of the gunner.

I've decided to mostly ignore the new gunships. They're ugly and clumsy and lack all the wonderful grace and intuitive physics I loved about the BF2 choppers.

BF2142 gunships are to BF2 choppers as Deus Ex 2 is to Deus Ex. That is, dumbed down and much less fun.

I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Initial impressions are ok, landscapes a bit too miserable and white. Played as recon and support for a long time before i happened on a server playing titan and no commander. Played for a while and got a ton of promotions and unlocks as commander. Titans are prett cool. Need to give it time but vehicles are certainly not as fun as bf2.
    So far 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

WEll im spokyd I couldent use spookyd cause it was offencive cause it had poo in it. Mad that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

KoKane wrote:
    Any Irish clans? Gonna make one?
    Got a Vent or TS channel?

Anyhow, add me :D Lyteo

www.1st-ib.net are an Irish clan and we have started to play it, but not serouslly yet.
    We have a TS channell on 217.146.92.74:8767 its passworded though so i`ll pm ya the pass.

We are planing on getting our own 2142 server soon too. We just wana get a feel for the maps first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

...... cause it had poo in it. Mad that.

So does 2142!!!!

( beating the rush, is all).

I played it for a while, I like it. The kits seem better than in BF2, the engineer actually gets some good weapons, and I'm loving the support gun as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭up'Chuck

the most pathetic thing ever happened, i got kicked off the server for askin my squadleader (who i didn't know was an admin) for orders so we could get more points, personaly that is my bigest problem at the moment...findin squadleaders who give orders and spawn becons.all in all its a savage game.

Advertisement