Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interweb quiery

• 20-10-2006 1:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

What speed is the internet in dkit?
    2 answers:
    :Terminals=?
    :Wireless=?

just a curiuos marist 3rd yr.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Not sure, but at the height of use, you can always download at at least 400kb/s, and later in the afternoon in excess of 1mb/s (in terms of file download speed, not connectivity).

The WiFi is all 802.11g, 54mbps.. but I've never downloaded anything big over it to see.. all depends on how close you are to a router I guess

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,727 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It all depends on how many people are in the area, too -- Gerry's had good speeds at times when the 12+ people in the library slowed my downloads ;)

Now if only the log-out timer wasn't so damn short; I rarely get to read 2 articles because by the time I've finished my 1st & click for a new one, I get the Log-In page again! :mad:

Advertisement