Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Modding.ie

Options
  • 20-10-2006 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Ive created a new Irc chan called Modding.ie on quakenet.org ( a irc network )

The reason for doing this is so we can talk about all things building/upgrading/modding/tweeking. And all other overcloking queries.

I hope to see some of you there. As i hope this will be friendly chan, unlike the other ones on quakenet, some of which are irish. 9 i wont mention names here :p )

If you dont know what irc is. Thats fine, all you need is a program called mIrc ( www.mirc.com ). It is a internet relay chat program Which allows you to connect to a network ( quakenet/enterthegame/ststicbox/unrealgamers/dalnet/p2pnet and many others ) These networks have a large variety of channels, Catering for the needs of many. There even used to be a boards.ie chan. untill a certain wankbag got the chan banned ( bubbles :eek: )

mIrc on its own is very standard, and boring. There are thousands of scripts / Themes for it. But i would reccomend NoNameScript. As it has everything you could possibly want included in it ( www.nnscript.de ) Dont let the .de fool you, Its not in german, but if you want it to be it can. As its multilingual.

Well i hope to see some of you there soon. As ofcourse this channel will need support, From you.

I am looking for a few people to help me run this chan, I have already aquired a domain name and a host. If any of you know a bit about websites that would be great, As i know very little about them, unless its php :/

Hope to see you there soon.

-anti

p.s anyone interested. Can you eiter contact me on here or on msn ( in my profile ) and just say who you are on here, ie. Your boards.ie handle.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'll see ya there later m8, must re-install mirc, didn't bother with it yet on this rig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Wooohoooo :D

Chan is growing nicely. Pop in for some chat. Or we will offer Awhir to the overclocking gods as a sacrafice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

anti wrote:
    Chan is growing nicely. Pop in for some chat. Or we will offer Awhir to the overclocking gods as a sacrafice :)

you crazy international manwhore:rolleyes: (you dont have to get this one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

whoa did i say manwhore? sorry i meant IT consultant *wink wink*

• Advertisement

lol

Advertisement