Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#modding.ie

Options
  • 20-10-2006 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Ive created a new Irc chan called Modding.ie on quakenet.org ( a irc network )

The reason for doing this is so we can talk about all things upgrading/modding/tweeking. And all other overcloking queries.

I hope to see some of you there. As i hope this will be friendly chan, unlike the other ones on quakenet, some of which are irish. 9 i wont mention names here :p )

If you dont know what irc is. Thats fine, all you need is a program called mIrc ( www.mirc.com ). It is a internet relay chat program Which allows you to connect to a network ( quakenet/enterthegame/ststicbox/unrealgamers/dalnet/p2pnet and many others ) These networks have a large variety of channels, Catering for the needs of many. There even used to be a boards.ie chan. untill a certain wankbag got the chan banned ( bubbles :eek: )

mIrc on its own is very standard, and boring. There are thousands of scripts / Themes for it. But i would reccomend NoNameScript. As it has everything you could possibly want included in it ( www.nnscript.de ) Dont let the .de fool you, Its not in german, but if you want it to be it can. As its multilingual.

Well i hope to see some of you there soon. As ofcourse this channel will need support, From you.

I am looking for a few people to help me run this chan, I have already aquired a domain name and a host. If any of you know a bit about websites that would be great, As i know very little about them, unless its php :/

Hope to see you there soon.

-anti

p.s anyone interested. Can you eiter contact me on here or on msn ( in my profile ) and just say who you are on here, ie. Your boards.ie handle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

is modding.ie to be a website at soe point also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Sir Spamalot srikes again!

If you need a hand with anything give me a shout. Not sure how much help I can be but hey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

is modding.ie to be a website at soe point also?

Aye Tis. Im registering the domain today :)

And cheers hopefull, Will need some help with the website, as im pretty useless with that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hopefull come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

whats the site going to be anyway? just a forum like OCN, is it going to have a main review section? sell stuff?

thats a thought, maybe I don't know about it, but is there irish boards like OCN or XS that is dedicated to overclocking and computers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

It is going to be a review site. If i can get suppliers stupid enough to send me free products :D. And i plan on it also having a forums too. Also a ftp too. So I can upload drivers, bioses, tools, Benchmarking software and many other things. But trying to find a host that will allow it is hard.

Advertisement