Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grit on car this morning

Options
  • 20-10-2006 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Anybody else have grit on their car this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yep, and the water/windscreen wipers wouldnt get it off. Any idea what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

nothing on mine - parked in a car park in Dooradoyle, where are you two based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, some grit alright.

I'm in Fr. Russell Rd. Others lads had it on their cars, one in the Grange near the South Court Hotel in Raheen, and another in Glencairin near Ballycummin.

Thought it was first initially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Just heard the Cement Factory cleaned their Chimneys last night.
    The grit must have mixed with the rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

I think this might be coming from some wind. Does it look reddish like? Someone said that sometimes sand from the African deserts are transported across Europe.

sounds reasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice to see they are doing their bit for the environment.

Cement Factory now offering free car washes for those affected.

Phone 487200

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

There was supposed to be an explosion at the cement factory on Thursday night/Friday morning. HSA were at the factory all day Friday. People in Raheen now have bullet proof cars, as long as you don't want to see the car colour.

Is there effects of this accident that we are unaware of.

I am feeling similaraties with movie "A Civil Action".

They are willing to clean every car in the area for three days.

Most expensive Softwash rates = €9.50
    3 days @ 8 Hours per day = 24 hours
    5 Minutes per wash = 288 washes

288 Wahses X €9.50 = €2736

Pretty cheap corporate cleanup I think.

Did we inhale Cement Dust last night ?

Google the effects of "inhaling cement dust". intresting reading

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

Small risk of inhaling cement dust, especially as it was a nighttime release and not many people will have their windows open at night. Lot of potential damage to property (cars and house windows) a couple of grands worth of car washes will be their least concern.
    Cement has lime in it that can effect the air way and skin, outside if that most of the contents are too heavy and large to cause problems, the airways clog these and cough them back up.
    there is chromium in cement that is not good to come in contact with.
    Main risk to cement workers is dermatitis from contact with lime etc., so not a major cause of concern, unless you have a cement encrusted car or house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Went down to SoftCloth on the dock road this morning and joined the queue at 11.05. Left the wash at 12.05.

Looks like they are just doing everyone free. You write your name and reg on a clipboard, get the car washed and off you go.

Advertisement