Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USB Wireless Adaptor That Can Use WPA-PSK ?

• 20-10-2006 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for some advice on buying a small wireless usb device for my pc that supports wpa-psk .

i have changed over from wep to wpa-psk and my current device that i use on my pc only supports wep:(

i have the laptop and my xb0x 360 set up with the wpa-psk and running fine so i just need advice on which usb device to but for the pc .

thanks for any advice you can give .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Clover wrote:
    i'm looking for some advice on buying a small wireless usb device for my pc that supports wpa-psk .

i have changed over from wep to wpa-psk and my current device that i use on my pc only supports wep:(
    I'd be surprised that any 802.11G device doesn't support WPA.

Having said that, I just checked the USB adapters on Komplett. Most of the mention WPA, but the Netgear WG111 doesn't. The Netgear page for the WG111 only mentions WEP, but the Support page has a software upgrade that does support WPA-PSK.

So if you have an 802.11g device ceck for a sofware upgrade. If you don't, have a look at any of the one listed on the Komplett page above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

thanks for the reply foxwood .

the device i had on the pc was an old linksys wet-11 b bridge that only had wep so i went and had a look in a few shop at the blanchardstown centre and i picked up a philips usb b/g adaptor that has wpa2 , wpa and wep- 128 and wep-64 for €40 .

they also had a belkin usb b/g device but it only had wep and the belkin usb g device that had wpa was over €70 :eek: .

i now have it all up and running on wpa-psk .

Advertisement