Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Wallpapering

• 20-10-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭

How much would I expect to pay for wallpapering a hall, stairs and landing with a matched pattern wallpaper?
    The long wall is 3.70 meters in a stairwell of 0.8 x 1.80.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Most professional paper-hangers will charge by the roll....and that price can vary by the type and value of paper, the height of the walls and the awkwardness of the area.

I can paper but it does my head in and I don't do it as a rule....haven't got a clue what the going rate is per roll these days but I'd guess in and around €40+, so for the average 3 bed semi HS&L you're prolly talking about €280-320...but with trades the way they are that could be way below.
    No-one will give you a quote without actually seeing what the job entails...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

If the hall,stairs and landing is like a corporation house it normall takes 8-9 rolls depending on the pattern, But if its bigger it will take more rolls especially if there is a pattern or a drop pattern as you have to consider waste when cutting. Most I've heard was €15-20 euro a roll and normal stairs would take between 10-15 rolls maybe more.

But as Wertz said also its one of those jobs you would have to look at.And another thing also is the walls already stripped? Are they in good enough condition to be papered over again,any filling,polybonding need doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I think I recall a thread from the OP about stripping walls a while back....but yeah, a lot of hangers won't touch walls unless they're 100% sound, filled out and smooth....in some cases they may insist on lining it (paper dependent).

You really reckon that low a price per roll mad m? Any of the hangers that subbie off our firm, the figure I've given is the general ballpark but again that's in commercial jobs rather than domestic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Wertz wrote:
    You really reckon that low a price per roll mad m? Any of the hangers that subbie off our firm, the figure I've given is the general ballpark but again that's in commercial jobs rather than domestic...

Well maybe €40+ for the stuff that banks get which is nearly if not bigger than the width of two rolls of wallpaper so a meter in width. Tbh I'd have to have a Dick Turpin mask on me going into someones house and saying €40+ to hang a roll of wallpaper:D .

Think of it,the cost of wallpaper(well the good stuff) plus hanging it.Most wouldnt pay it I reckon. I must actually ask what is the going rate,so watch this space.

Advertisement