Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website design cost

Options
  • 20-10-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

I am intrigued as to how people cost to do a website.

Can anyone shed any info on this please (without going into the actual ins and outs)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

domain name + hosting approx 100euro p.a
    depends then really on if you're going to code it from scratch or use a CMS such as Joomla or PHPNuke.

if i was coding something from scratch and using all my own code, php, css, mysql and adding some SEO i'd expect at a minimum 1,500euro and i would make the site in approx 4 weeks.

if i was doing a site i would decide on a set figure rather than an hourly rate.

How can you prove your hourly rate? It helps avoid trouble if you decided on the cost at the begining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Thank you for that Rollo, it helps an argument I have with someone as to what they are being charged for a site.

Advertisement