Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Logitech Z-5450

• 20-10-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I've been offered a second chance bid on eBay for these which works out to be about €280 including delivery.
    Now I'm not sure if I would buy from this seller (low feedback and some negative) but thats a topic for another forum. If I do decide to go for this, are they any good. I had been looking more at the Z-5500, is there much of a difference apart from 5450 being wireless and a bit less powerful?

I'd be using it in a small room (attic conversion) mainly for X360 but also for DVDs.

Only have until 4pm to decide so any advice before then would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Having not used either system, only a much cheaper logitech system(which is really pretty good), this would be my thinking. The main thing soundwise, I would say, is that the 5500 has a larger bass driver at 10", compared to 6.5" on the 5450. This should mean clearer bass sounds.

For a small room both systems should easily fill the room with great sound, and unless you're very fussy soundwise you should be happy with either.

If you want the best sound and the extra money ain't that much of an issue, I see you can get the 5500 for just under €360 (pixmania). I think I would stear towards spending a bit more money on the 5500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Thanks for the advice, komplett have the 5500 for ~€310 including postage, so I think I'll just go for that when they get it back in stock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mcgovern wrote:
    Thanks for the advice, komplett have the 5500 for ~€310 including postage, so I think I'll just go for that when they get it back in stock!

yep at that price definitely a better buy than the 5450

Advertisement