Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB .....

Options
  • 20-10-2006 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

About 6 months ago I moved over from Dial-up to BB (both Eircom) ....

BB Home starter at 49.58 +vat per two months ... call it 60.00 euros or 30.00 euros per month .... free router inc .... 1MB .....

I notice that Eircom now offer Home starter plus - 2MB - at 29.99 per month
    i.e twice the speed and same price as my 1MB service

Can I simply ask Eircom to move me over to Home starter plus? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

yeah i rang them and switched and they do all landline calls and 2 mb BB VAT and line rental for 55.99. Saves me over 20euro a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

change the provider.. eircom is a rip off..
    In comparison to others

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Well I gave them a call friday last and they say it will be upgraded and take 5 working days so here's hoping ...... :rolleyes:

Well I gave them a call friday last and they say it will be upgraded and take 5 working days so here's hoping ......

Is it a big deal for Eircom to switch someone over from 1MB to 2MB? .... :confused:

Why would it take over 2 weeks I wonder? ....

well it's 25 days now and no progress .... still stuck on the 1MB rate ..... I presume I don't have to do anything from my end? ...... resetting Netopia router etc ? .... :confused:

Should I chase Eircom or would that do more harm than good :confused: (they did promise change over to 2MB within 5 working days)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Do chase and do complain!
    You should have an order reference number or they should have record of you ordering.
    I recently had an issue with an slight overcharge during the changeover period when they dropped their BB prices 2nd Oct - only a few euros, but a proper emailed complaint got me 1 mths free BB as an apology for the error.

Well I did that last week ....

a nice lady promised me she would expedite .... :)

It's 5 weeks now ..... still no joy :(

Patience is a virtue, I was always told .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

You think thats bad. I've been just told i'll be 25 days before they can give me BB and i can see the main Eircom Exchange here in Sligo from my window .

EIRCOM SUCK

But what can you do. Go with someone else and eircom will drag their heels . We getting ripped off left n right here and none of us can do a dam thing .

Regrads

AL

well the 2MB arrived today thank $$$ ........

seems I had to wiat till a new billing period started (1st december)

so I guess all's well that ends well ..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

You should have an order reference number or they should have record of you ordering.
    I recently had an issue with an slight overcharge during the changeover period when they dropped their BB prices 2nd Oct - only a few euros, but a proper emailed complaint got me 1 mths free BB as an apology for the error.

Hi - sorry for the derail, but I'm in the same boat - I was billled on 29/9 for €90+VAT for home BB professional in advance, and the rates changed on 2/10 to €90+VAT, even though the rate changes themselves were announced in September.

To whom did you send your email? I know it's only €10 +VAT but it's better off in my pocket than Eircom's, and if an email will sort it out why not? :)

To be fair to Eircom, my latest bill is almost €20 lower due to the new BB pricing and I moved onto the "Vulnerable User / Low Usage Scheme" as my calls are usually around €3 per bill (two-monthly). That said, I did overpay for October and November and I'd like to see if I can get that money back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement