Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craziest damn case youve ever seen :D

Options
  • 20-10-2006 2:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

im gonna be a refund from dell for €3,900 ( cha-ching ), so im gonna be building me a rig.

what i want from you guys is ideas for my case. normal gaming towers just bore me so i want a crazy one that really stands out.

i was looking at stuff like the bobcat

its needs to be cool enough ( temp wise), and big enough to hold huge coolers and maybe even water cooling.

winner gets a cookie :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

the U2-UFO tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I frankly think that bob slay thing is disgusting. If you want to be unique and stand out, brush up on your dremel skills, get a mediocre case (like what some people do here, just get a cheap/huge/old server case) and mod it till it bleeds ;) Or build a frankenstein of a case from the guts of a few other cases to meet your own needs. Most electronic recycling plants have a plethora of old case for next to nothing.

If, however you want to take the n00b route the Nine Hundred by Antec or the TT Armors look pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Didnt Lian Li release a cube case that has got rave reviews, in the usual understated Lian Li style and build quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

See i just dont like these fully perspex cases. i think they look... well... gay to be frank.

But some of the MM cases like the u2-uf0 are fooking sweet. They are absolutly massive. and heavy, which will effect shipping charges. and since there in america you will have to pay taxes on it too.

Personally you cant go wrong with a CM stacker or a p180. The lian li cases are nice, but i always find they have extreem sharp edges inside them, which i have cut myself on a few times.

But its your choice. I think understaded it best.. others tprefere it all out gay clear cases :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How about a Thermaltake Mozart TX?
    Seen here in the R&D stages....
    resserver.php?blogId=1&resource=1.gif

I jest - it's a PoS

{edit} gheyass lack of img tags {/edit}

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I have to agree with L31mr0d

Nothing like taking an old, disused bit of crap and making a new, used bit of crap out of it :D
    Seriously though...the sense of satisfaction of building something to your own design is well worth all the effort of the hours of planning, cutting and swearing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

yeah id love to build my own case but i dont have tools or workshop or anythin

this one is nice, built in watercoolin http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor_lcs/ve2000bws.asp

KamiKazi wrote:
    yeah id love to build my own case but i dont have tools or workshop or anythin

this one is nice, built in watercoolin http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/armor_lcs/ve2000bws.asp

perofrmance from it is meant to be terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

The Stacker 830 is a good case....although I still prefer the Stacker 810. Either is a great choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thought before i opened this thread, it was about crazy cases, so i'll post this :D

00004125crwu4.jpg

LMFAO at that ^^

seriously though i think the stacker 830 is d the winner. 9 x 120mm fans means ill be putting my conroe through its paces :D

Eh, the 830 is hardly "the craziest damn case you've ever seen". Even CM describes it as it "will lead the market with its stylish streamlined aluminum design". Sounds like some ponce describing one of YSL latest girls blouse designs.

Stylish and streamlined are not words i'd use for a CRAZY case. Maybe if you want to bring it along to fashion week as a handbag for your boyfriend :D

Did you have a look at the Antec Nine Hundred? It is described by antec as a "case is built for maximum cool with a perforated front bezel, three 120mm fans with mounts for even more fans, and a monster top-mounted 200mm fan that's right, we said 200mm"

I'm really itching to get this, but I know it will be like a tornado in the room. Maybe i'm not CRAZY enough. :(

900_q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lidl Aldi and Dunnes sell small cooler fridges for €50.

Tbh it would be the coolest damn PC case ever with some slight mods to it :D

kdjac

L31mr0d wrote:
    Eh, the 830 is hardly "the craziest damn case you've ever seen". Even CM describes it as it "will lead the market with its stylish streamlined aluminum design". Sounds like some ponce describing one of YSL latest girls blouse designs.

Stylish and streamlined are not words i'd use for a CRAZY case. Maybe if you want to bring it along to fashion week as a handbag for your boyfriend :D

Did you have a look at the Antec Nine Hundred? It is described by antec as a "case is built for maximum cool with a perforated front bezel, three 120mm fans with mounts for even more fans, and a monster top-mounted 200mm fan that's right, we said 200mm"

I'm really itching to get this, but I know it will be like a tornado in the room. Maybe i'm not CRAZY enough. :(

hahah. good writing there mate, made me laugh, espicially the poncy YSL shirt part. ;)

talking about crazy, came across this case on newegg.

2 x 250mm fans???

11-103-008-13.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

wow now thats cool .

looks like a engine on a jet/

your right its now crazy, but until you can show me a crazier case with better cooling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I like this one
    A-Portable.jpg

Coolest case ever is the Orac3
    Orac3.jpg

If i was getting a case, n wanted to be different id get the lian li memorial edt. Pretty Rare, good cooling, great build quality n completely different.. Its nicer in black tho..
    lian_li_pc777_01.jpg

KamiKazi wrote:
    your right its now crazy, but until you can show me a crazier case with better cooling.....

I've shown you 2??? the 900 will take the biggest coolers out there and has a 200mm fan on the top of it. Get 5x12cm Delta fan and add 2 more to a Scythe Ninja and you'll have yourself the craziest and loudest and coldest case ever. I don't think you want crazy really ;), i think you just want a nice, quiet, big case which matches your teal carpet and art deco wallpaper :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

The lian-li that rosco posted is the best on this thread IMO. With 3,900 available that's what i'd go for

yeah that antec 900 is pretty crazy, but werent you saying in the other thread that youd be worried about build quality of it?

imo i think that lian li case is ugly. that orac 3 case is sexy, where can i get one??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

If ur up to it read the project log on orac 3... Its 76 pages long n well worth it, work of a genius. It was his first attempt at a case mod..

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2003/09/16/orac3_part1/1.html

nah i dont have tools or anything, oh well...

Yeah but how crazy would it be to buy an expensive case that is of a bad build quality :D I personally don't know how good the build quality is, if you lurk around some of the HW forums out there some people love that case, others hate it. Each to their own I guess.

Get one of these then.
    http://www.choppercomputers.com/

179_1_.jpg

rofl
    Starting Price: $795.00

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

qc2k3.ym.2003-08-16.078.case-mods--crazy-hot-pink-funfur.jpg

wolfenstein_pc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Roffle

Wonder does that RTCW case's phone have a direct line to the closest pizza delivery place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

the chopper looks sweeeeet :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah that chopper case is class! :p

Advertisement