Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volleyball in Galway

Options
  • 20-10-2006 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm thinking about setting up a Volleyball Club in Galway City and I'm looking for others who might be interested. Currently, I am in the process of looking for a venue to play. I would hope that the Club would be able to cater for male and female volleyball.

I'm in contact with a group of 8 or 9 players who are interested at the moment but we'd need more than that to start a club.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Might be interested. Let me know how you get on for numbers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A guy in my class is looking to play volleyball, I'll have a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Meself and a mate would prob be up for it. We were looking last year but found feck all places to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

if its girls only ill go. mmmm girls in shorts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Thanks for the replies.

I've PM'ed people asking for email addresses as I want to include you on the email list.

We are going to have a meeting in the near future to duscuss what needs to be done to get things moving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jacket/potato

i think you should be able to get the centre in claregalway for trainin sessions. i no i used to play there and they have the lines and a net. i would love to play too. im playin for college at the mo.

We've managed to get a hall at last! It's in Loughrea - St. Brigids Vocational School.

We're going to have the first knock around next Wed night (22nd Nov) from 8-10pm. It will be a mixed session, nothing serious, I suppose it's just to meet and see what people want and where we can go from here.

If people need help with transport, just let me know as I can take people in my car.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Will bring a friend.
    Where in Loughrea is this place?

Coming from Galway, go through the down (up Main St.) and take a right at Abrakadabra and then the next left. It about 700 meters up that road.

Are we still on for tonight?
    You have enough people?

• Advertisement
Advertisement