Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some kids never grow up they just get bigger and thier toys more expensive.

Options
  • 20-10-2006 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Snowbie wrote:
    Now thats just around the corner for yea.:D

Out havin a meal and baby decides to fill her nappy in the buggy/high chair and fumes waft to the nice couple next to you is what we all should fear.Oh it has happened several times alright.:o

Course I'm older than you but I was a planned baby. You never got over the fact that you were an "accident":D :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Course I'm older than you but I was a planned baby. You never got over the fact that you were an "accident":D :D:D

Oh the planned honeymoon baby in the swingin 60s eh:D

For your sake i was born,never knew older brothers to look up to their younger brothers for inspiration,guidance and advice before otherwise what would you do without me.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Snowbie wrote:
    Oh the planned honeymoon baby in the swingin 60s eh:D

For your sake i was born,never knew older brothers to look up to their younger brothers for inspiration,guidance and advice before otherwise what would you do without me.:D

"Look up", "Inspiration", "Guidance", "Advice" - You're starting to sound like a Priest. Jeez, I ask you to help me fix my PC a couple of times and it goes to your head.:p

Have you forgotten -

Who got you your first medal in the school sports day's potato and spoon race when I stood on the potato so it wouldn't fall off your spoon???

Who left his job in Shannon after working a full night shift to drive across the country, to buy you the full German soccer strip and give it to you when you were in hospital?

Who paid off the £100 phone bill that you ran up phoning the weather dial service when you were 12?

Who taught you how to drive???

Who loves to tell the stories of you whipping off your t-shirt and dancing naked from the waist up on a podium in a nighclub in Santa Ponsa?

The secret is that big brothers have all the dirt on the little brothers, but we just keep it in reserve to use when the occasion arises. If you ever get around to marrying D, I've a ton of little anecdotes to put into any best man's speech:D :D:D

This has gone way off topic - so we'll leave it there. Slag you tomorrow night

Ah now you cant just get the last word in and then quit.:D

Why do you buy the same things i buy
    ,Playstation2,
    same 32 inch widescreen tv,
    same PC,
    got new graphics card and then you had to
    got new RAM and then you had to
    same computer desk and i had to go out and assemble it for you,
    exact same home theatre system,
    Gold fish when we got one
    got two new cars and then you had to
    Had to travel all that way to the country to fix your PC

will add more as i remember.

Things you will get that i have(so you said)when extension is finished
    same 42" hdtv lcd
    same aquarium
    similar extension on rear of my house

Things i done that you forgot

Asked me on numerous occasions for loans
    Gave you advice on dealing with builders
    save you expense on getting your PC fixed.
    saved you money by sending you to a architect i know

So yes inspiration guidance and advice can be taken into account here.
    Is it my great taste that you so desire or is it something else:confused::D
    Now aint little brothers great too.
    Who got you your first medal in the school sports day's potato and spoon race when I stood on the potato so it wouldn't fall off your spoon???
    That was our cousin Matt H
    Who taught you how to drive???
    Em i dont think driving in a straight line from Richmond Virginia to Jacksonville Florida in an automatic car on a motorway is teaching someone how to drive.You where asleep anyway.:D
    Who loves to tell the stories of you whipping off your t-shirt and dancing naked from the waist up on a podium in a nighclub in Santa Ponsa?
    Oh and sitting beside the pool eating pringles at 4am in the middle of a Thunderstorm is intelligent.:eek:
    Who paid off the £100 phone bill that you ran up phoning the weather dial service when you were 12?
    Wasnt that much it was £47 and i was 10.:rolleyes:

:D

Soz to the mods for losing the run of ourselves here and off topic
    We do this all the time in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thread split :D

LOL Thaed like the title.:D
    Its true,its true,its true.:o

• Advertisement

Who says I copy you - I just learn from your mistakes and then do things bigger and better.

We had two cars before you even had one!

Who gave you advice on buying a car?

My graphics card is the x800xt, i.e. better than yours:p

Gave me advice on dealing with builders??? My job is to oversee construction projects. You did one building job and suddenly you're ASCON?:D

Asked you ONCE for a loan - and you said no:mad:

It was £100 as I bloody well paid it - and now I want it back with interest:p

Now if you're going to keep this up, we'll spend the rest of our lives trying to outdo one another Mrs Bucket;)

My graphics card is the x800xt, i.e. better than yours
    Probably have to fix that too:p
    Gave me advice on dealing with builders??? My job is to oversee construction projects. You did one building job and suddenly you're ASCON?
    Well i do work within the SISK group,which are the biggest construction company In Ireland.:cool:
    Asked you ONCE for a loan - and you said no
    Gave you £250 years ago and i couldn go out that weekend then.Learnt from me mistakes then.;):D
    It was £100 as I bloody well paid it - and now I want it back with interest
    Take it out of the expenses from which you think im your personnal PC Tech.You will find yourself in arrears.:p
    Now if you're going to keep this up, we'll spend the rest of our lives trying to outdo one another Mrs Bucket
    AH but im always one step ahead anyway.

Now granted you have forgotten a few good smaritan things/chores i have done for you.I will not hold this against you.Afterall the big 40 is nearly upon you,i do suspect that the memory is on the way out.
    Maybe more RAM needed here.:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Snowbie wrote:
    Well i do work within the SISK group,which are the biggest construction company In Ireland.:cool:

Sorry for butting in here...but..:D ...Isn't Ascon part of Royal BAM a Dutch Company.. I think BAM are bigger than SISK Group... I stand to be corrected

Nope,Sisk the biggest,turnover in the billions with UK based developments now.But you have gone waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy off topic.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Funny. Reminds me of my own siblings. Who I now miss (thanks! ;) ).

Keep it up, you guys are entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Just to point out that Sisk with a turnover of about €800Million is the biggest construction firm in Ireland but they are not even in the penny place when compared to Royal BAM (Parent group of Ascon) with a turnover of over €8Billion. So, ye are both right.

Great thread. Had me laughing out loud:D

Few more things Snowbro....................

We had three kids before you - 2 girls and a boy and you just had to go and copy us!!!

We have the bigger house on a bit of land that you admit you also want

We have the back garden that you can play a football match in

We have the MPV that you now say you have to buy

Despite you being a Mod on the weather board, which one of us has actually passed a meteorology exam (ATC - remember???)

Which one of us is the better player at Call of Duty (this is a rhetorical question as we both know the answer is me)

Its a bit of a stretch of the imagination saying you work for the Sisk group as your job has nothing to do with construction whereas mine does.

I control a budget of €1 billion, what do you do apart from post on BOARDS and phone me??

Who always seems to be in the parents house bumming a free meal when I phone (i.e. you)?

Who couldn't bear to move too far away from his mammy (i.e. you)?

Who still hasn't taken the plunge and married the mother of his 3 (soon to be 4) kids. Have you got something against giving us a day out?

Now we really should end it there but knowing you, you'll have to have the last word (even if no one is listening):D

Ok here we go again (o sober Dave):D :D
    We had three kids before you - 2 girls and a boy and you just had to go and copy us!!!

Oh what lies.Im the more experience dad.My eldest is 7,son is 5(your godson who u dont visit) and my baby girl is 8.5mths.
    Your eldest is 6 and the two little sleepers are 10mths.:D
    We have the bigger house on a bit of land that you admit you also want

We have the back garden that you can play a football match in

We have the MPV that you now say you have to buy

Eh i still have the bigger house atm.
    Footbal match in......With a sewarge tank in the middle of your garden.:confused: :eek:
    MPV but the one i will get you could fit shoppin in the boot.;) :D
    Despite you being a Mod on the weather board, which one of us has actually passed a meteorology exam (ATC - remember???)

Eh who tutored you.Who looked for advice.j00:D ;)
    Which one of us is the better player at Call of Duty (this is a rhetorical question as we both know the answer is me)

Oh the game i had to go out and fix for you so you could play it again.:p
    Its a bit of a stretch of the imagination saying you work for the Sisk group as your job has nothing to do with construction whereas mine does.

Yeah but who gets more money.
    I work under the umbrella.Im looked after.I have many contacts,probably your boss is one of my contacts.:eek:
    I control a budget of €1 billion, what do you do apart from post on BOARDS and phone me??

Wake you up at work when i ring you.:D
    Who always seems to be in the parents house bumming a free meal when I phone (i.e. you)?

My Mammy loves me.:p
    Who couldn't bear to move too far away from his mammy (i.e. you)?

My babysitter eh.Clever boy.;)
    Who still hasn't taken the plunge and married the mother of his 3 (soon to be 4) kids. Have you got something against giving us a day out?

Pacing myself.I wont be pressurised into marraige like .....AHEM.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

me thinks Thaedydal must have a crush on one or both of you to let this continue :D

I was sober as I was driving - I'm a responsible citizen. Besides, it was amusing seeing you falling around the place, sorry you call it dancing don't you??:D

My place will be twice the size of your when Bob the Builder gets his finger out

The septic tank is at the side of the garden as a matter of fact.

There's a huge boot in our MPV and its a new one not some reject from the NCT:D

Yeah you fixed Call of Duty so I could beat you again:p

Not that I'm going to post it here, but I do get paid a lot more than you, even taking your bonuses into account;)

Your mammy is inviting us to stay with her when our house is being renovated so there'll be no more free dinners for you as I'll be getting them:D

Your babysitter eh? I'll tell her that then;) Oh and she'll be my babysitter while I'm staying there:D

WHO WAS PRESSURISED INTO MARRIAGE?? I hope you're not referring to me. Sounds more like the middle brother, he who shall not be named.

If this keeps up, we'll both get banned and then thats your social life finished:D :D

I was sober as I was driving - I'm a responsible citizen. Besides, it was amusing seeing you falling around the place, sorry you call it dancing don't you??
    I had it under control.:D
    There's a huge boot in our MPV
    Mini Portable Van.
    There is a bigger boot in my football bag.:rolleyes:
    Not that I'm going to post it here, but I do get paid a lot more than you, even taking your bonuses into account
    Ah what you dont know wont hurt you.:p
    Your mammy is inviting us to stay with her when our house is being renovated so there'll be no more free dinners for you as I'll be getting them
    Dinner i can handle,but to live there again.Doh!! Best of luck.:( :D
    Your babysitter eh? I'll tell her that then Oh and she'll be my babysitter while I'm staying there
    Still telling on me eh!.You always were good at that.:rolleyes:

Ah my big brother Dave from Prosperis...Phospurus eh Kildare.

Never smiling in the mornings.......accomplished.:mad:
    Never getting engaged........done.;)
    Never getting married......... done.:eek:
    Never having kids...............done.:eek: :eek:
    Never living back in mothers........nearly done.:D :D
    Want to be like younger bro(ME).......always and in every way.:cool:

Now i will stop if you will.

Yeah, I'll stop..................................

right after I kick your skinny little ass:D :D:D

Lets leave it there - agreed???

Ok agreed,i win.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement