Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinergi Telecom

Options
  • 20-10-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I had a sales person from cinergi telecom call to my door and talked bout there offers, does anyone know is there service any good ,am thinking of changing my broadband over to them as it be €5 cheaper than i pay digiweb for 2mb>

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

I had a sales person from cinergi telecom call to my door and talked bout there offers, does anyone know is there service any good ,am thinking of changing my broadband over to them as it be €5 cheaper than i pay digiweb for 2mb>
    UTV are cheaper than Cinergi, and have a pretty good rep as an ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Shelob07

I moved to Cinergi from Smart about a year ago to use their call service and have experienced no problems. I moved because a friend of mine asked me too as they were involved with their business. I moved to their broadband service a few months ago and it was easy enough to get set up and the prices were alot cheaper than what I had been paying with eircom broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Shakes head.

Service is as expensive as smarts with a Cap. Or for 5 euro more then smart. Also looks like reselling eircoms wholesale product.

Smart definitly the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 inertia99

Cant believe someone is recommending smart?????? The company who left loads of people (including some of my mates) high and dry with no servce at all for weeks on end. Those guys should not still be around after what they did and all the money they lost for their shareholders,

Stay away at all costs (read the boards and search for comments on smart telecom, if your hard drive is big enough!!!) and go for Cinergi. Using them for 3 years with no problems and way cheaper than eircom and UTV. If not Cinergi then Perlico and Imagine look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Perlico just a reseller. Smart Telecom far better than them! :)

I don't think Cinergi is big and only a reseller. You might as well go for BT. Note that BT have a very few exchanges unbundled where they are not just a reseller.

• Advertisement

Smart has it's fans and has it's detractors. Fans love them because of the service, detractors hate them because of bad business pratice. I'm not the least bit interested in shareholders when it comes to deciding my provider.

Smarts service is great. It's rock solid and speeds are in general pretty close to what you pay for, especially on the upload.The price's are also great. Imagine is one of the worst adsl resellers (read broadband forum), Perlico has it's problems, and this cinergi company feels it needs caps to maintain service quality.

Cinergi = eircom muck at slightly deflated prices.

Ps None of this should be in this forum. In fact I count 1,2,3 shils

Boston wrote:
    Smart has it's fans and has it's detractors. Fans love them because of the service, detractors hate them because of bad business pratice. I'm not the least bit interested in shareholders when it comes to deciding my provider.

Cinergi = eircom muck at slightly deflated prices.

Ps None of this should be in this forum. In fact I count 1,2,3 shils

I hope you're not counting me as one of them because I'm not:mad:

I wouldn't touch Smart just because of what has happened to the company over the last number of months. Two reasons. 1 is bad business practice and ripping off shareholders (Ethical issue, take it or leave it) 2 is that I wouldn't like to be left high and dry with no service at some stage and with a difficulty in transferring to another provider, as happened to a couple of my mates last year.

I am a Cinergi customer on their 2mb package with a no download limit add on for €22 per month all in and I am very happy with it. Far cheaper than eircom. If I was not with Cinergi I would rather be with Perlico or Imagine and support an Irish company, i.e. not BT.

That's for what it's worth IMHO

From the Cinergi website, there 2mb product costs 24.99 plus 6 euro extra for uncapped. Line rental on top of that comes in at something like 55 euro a month. Their 3mb product costs 38 euro plus 6 euro for no cap plus 24 euro line rental. Thats 68 euro a month for something smart charges 40 euro a month for. I've no idea where you got 22 euro uncapped at 2mb from.

Eircom isn't Irish owned, Cinergi is buying a foreign (eircom) product and passing it off as irish so people like you will feel good about yourself. I thought we where past all this, apparently not.

And Yes I think you're a shil.

Soory typed 2mb in my post and meant to type 1mb, mea culpa. Checked my bill, 15.99 for 1mb, 5.99 for unlimited download, total 21.98 for broadband. Line rental is 23.99, which I need anyway as I don't have wireless in my area, plus a package for local and national calls and 60 minutes of mobiles for 13.99. Total bill, excluding international and mobile calls over 60 minutes is 59.96.

I donn't get the "people like you" comment, you don't know me or what I'm like?? I'm certainly not past supporting Irish entrepreneurs and competition and i hope most other people aren't either. Roll on more heavier competition in telecom, other utilities and banking, its all good for the punters.

I have ethical problems with Smart's business practices, as I said, take it or leave it. That is why I wouldn't go near them even if they were giving it for nothing Some people will agree, some won't, that's fine by me.

Perlico and Imagine are around the same price as Cinergi, so in reply again to Carlowman's original question I would say yes, their service is good, after that he can make his choice. (I'll ignore the shil rubbish, already made that clear.)

Advertisement