Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Translation needed please

• 20-10-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all

maybe somebody can help.
    I would need the sentence "This too shall pass" translated into irish, if possible with a hint on how to pronounce as well.
    Also possible would be an irish saying with the same meaning (as in "also the bad things will go by").

anybody out there with an idea?

thanks,
    sunny :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

We need context, context and context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

going without any context two proverbs spring to mind

'Níl in aon rud ach seal'
    its english equivelent would be 'nothing lasts forever'

the pronunciation would be /nee-l in ahn rud ach shahl/

'Dá fhada an lá tagann an tráthnóna'
    'However long the day, the evening will come'

/daw aw-dah an law tah-gun on traw-no-nah/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

cmd, this is what i was looking for. i need something which has a similar meaning as mentioned in my original post but which also can stand without context so i'd say your two proverbs pretty much cover that. now i only need to figure out the pronounciation. thanks a mil!!

Advertisement