Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utd vs Pool (Hopefully scores inc)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool start brightly.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Rio trips over his own legs and gets a free! Typical fookin Poll. We're going get nothing from him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thank Fick Van Nistelrooy's no longer there if that's what's happening

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

15 mins - worst 3 players Garcia, Carrick and Reina

Rooney and Saha looking very sharp but Liverpool winning the midfield battle. So far.

Damnnation! Fivelive has just gone down again!

Its back, phew.

Mike.

Liverpool had the best of the first 10 mins, but its been mostly United for the next 15. Only a couple of half chances to show for it so far.
    Momo booked. Flectcher getting stuck in. Gonzalez offering nothing. Kuyt looking good, but not getting enough ball to say for sure.

In the space of a minute, great balls from Carrick and Gonzalez but Rooney and Kuyt didnt apply the finishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

1-0 Utd, Scholes.

Gonzalez needs to stop shooting now.

****e. Ginger-top scores.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Whats going on since Rafa arrived? Once solid defenders having serious problems with basic marking. Shocking.

Just when Liverpool were after having a decent spell, Scholes knocks home from 6 yards, unmarked in the middle, from a Giggs cross. Not sure where Momo was.

40: Great save from Reina from a Saha long shot.

Garcia off Crouch on? Gonzales off Warnock on and push Riise fowards?

Mike.

Couple of half chances for the Pool before the break, but none hit the target.

I'd take off Garcia and bring on the Crouch. Now.
    Liverpool still well in the game, tho obviously can't afford to concede another

I knew starting with Garcia was a bad idea.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Fletcher is playing well. Pool defending like Wigan when they come to OT

• Advertisement

Get pennant on for Garcia and put Gerrard in the middle so he can bomb on. He'll get 3 or 4 good shots off and quite possibly a goal. Riise left wing Warnock left full would be a good addition aswell.

How come Fowler isnt in the squad, is he still injured? Would have been perfect for this game. He's break a leg to score today.

Pennant for Gonzo. Straight swap it seems.

Mike.

Why the hell did sissoko not just lay that off.

Is Rafa just being stubbord with Gerard or what? He's totally ineffective on the riight and has been proved a world class player whne attacking through the middle.So rafa goes and puts a right winger on, but plays him on the left and leaves gerrard on the right.:mad:

Jesus, how weak is Garcia? Icould hold him off from here. He's like a guy that I play 5 a side with, he has a good touch and skill, as long as theres no one with in 5 yards of him. As soon as a player looks like challenging him, it all goes to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Stekelly wrote:
    Why the hell did sissoko not just lay that off.

Is Rafa just being stubbord with Gerard or what? He's totally ineffective on the riight and has been proved a world class player whne attacking through the middle.So rafa goes and puts a right winger on, but plays him on the left and leaves gerrard on the right.:mad:

Last year he played on the right and scored more goals than he ever has before and was voted (2nd I think ) In the european players awards. Anytime he has played in the middle for us this season (when Sissoko was injured) , he hasnt played well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Go on United :D

• Advertisement

Rafa OUT! ;)

He really does piss me off at times, whats he waiting for? Get Crouch on -Garcia off.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

The 'pool are now 14/1 to win this with Ladbrokes.

Make that about 1000/1 now. :D

What a goal.

Thats it 2-0. :(:(:(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Great finish by Rio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

wtf is rafa doing?

Can Rafa not see Garica or something?

Alonso off, Crouch on.

Mike.

Scholes for MOTM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

think i'm gonna have to stop watching games - its so frustrating. why put pennant on the left, leave garcia and sissoko on and take off xabi, makes no sense...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

O'Shea on for Neville, Giggs has the armband. Come On 'Pool!

What a big pile of steaming poo.

We'll just have to win the cl again now. Has Kuyt touched the ball in the 2nd half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

How has Garcia not been booked yet?? 5 or 6 fouls at this stage...

That man shouldnt be let near the pitch again, outside of CL games.

What is it the UTD fans sing to the same tune as Liverpools "we won it 5 times" chant?

Gerrard BADLY needs a goal to sort his season out.

Whats the deal with Sami's Steve staunton impression? It's just, lay back to sami, hoof it up the line. I wouldnt mind if the odd one even found a Liverpool player.

Rafa has to take the primary blame for this, he selected the starting 11 and the formation, he has also fupped up the the squads head with the rotation-hell policy.

Winning the CL would not be any consolation as it would simply confirm whats ever more obvious - Rafa does'nt understand whats required to win the English league but is an exellent "Continental" manager. I tend to think the win in Instanbul fooled us a bit.

Oh yes - Gerrard. Whats gone wrong? Too much football? Or does he think he is as good as his reputation? Whatever, he must have the corner kicking duty taken from him and given to Alonso.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Stekelly wrote:
    That man shouldnt be let near the pitch again, outside of CL games.

What is it the UTD fans sing to the same tune as Liverpools "we won it 5 times" chant?

I've been going mad trying to figure it out - manyoo fans also seem to have their own version of "Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"?

tbh wrote:
    I've been going mad trying to figure it out - manyoo fans also seem to have their own version of "Steve Gerrard, Gerrard"?

Yeah I can hear a bit of that, it's definately about his missus anyway.

Good to see they took all the complainign to heart after posh got abuse from rival fans a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

for those who watched it, was rooney influential? i'm desperately seeking ff bonus points for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

A solid 2-0 home win for United, taking us back on top where we belong.

Liverpool may have been a shambles tactically but u still have to beat them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Stekelly wrote:

Good to see they took all the complainign to heart after posh got abuse from rival fans a few years back.
    yeah think i figured that out, i'd say repeating it here could earn me a ban tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Managed to catch the last 20 minutes of this but from what I saw I'm glad I slept through the rest of it. Second goal ruined my double and cost me €800 in winnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I missed most of the game unfortunately, why was Ronaldo not playing?

Well that was easy. I havent seen the Pool look that ordinary in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

twas excellent performance from UTD., their new defense without o'shea and brown looks good to me...

happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Stekelly wrote:

Yeah lets focus on a crowd chant rather than how crap your team looked today!

• Advertisement

Yup Evra is turning out to be a cracking little player. Compare this preformance to when he came on against the pool last season. Vidic is also looking like he cant be dropped. Dare I say it but Fletcher, looked awesome! Any news on Ronaldo not starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was a completely shambolic performance by Liverpool. United worked hard but did not play overly well. To be honest, they didn't really need to either. It has been a long long time since I seen a big match performace like that by Liverpool.

I am a big admirer of Rafa but he is tinkering with the squad too much. It is all well and good doing a little rotating of 1, 2 or even 3 players but drastic overhauls of the starting 11, formation and tactics for every match is what is causing the problem. I am very confident that we have a very good squad however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Firstly, class result!

Glad that boring tactics and negative starting XI from Liverpool wasn't rewarded, they looked really bad today and didn't trouble us at all.....Gerrard has a bad game and Liverpool don't play well (coincidence?)

Utd played well enough today without getting out of 2nd gear. our fullbacks played well and the constant overlapping had pool looking concerned.
    From a utd persepctive was a bit worried about Carrick, again. He was careless with his passing (which is supposed to be his strong point) and was pushed off the ball a couple of times due to other players wanting it more.

Other than that though im very happy with how things worked out!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ronaldo was sent home from training sick yesterday. Fergie told him that if he felt up to it that he could come in for the today and they would see how he was feeling. It was decided not to risk him so they placed him on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

An outstanding performance from Utd in terms of effort, not brilliant attacking wise but had the better of Liverpool in most areas of the pitch as the result would suggest.

Pool playing for 4th place. Rafaville cant seem to get it right in the league, if the Gunners, Utd and Chelsea keep going then its going to be embarassing although Id expect them to pick up by Xmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement