Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VHI vs BUPA

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

These days a lot of employers pay for private health insurance. I've never paid for health insurance as my employer has always paid for it, both Vivas and currently with Bupa

I'll recommend Vivas. Spent €3,000 on laser eye surgury and claimed €1,000 back from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

ch750536 wrote:
    Updating the above. Have asked lots of questions of all the Health Comapnies, the best response by far has been bupa. Although initially they failed to call me back on a quote, since then they have called me back 3 times with answers rather than giving a 'possible' answer on the phone.

They called just now, lowered their price again to £1186 and waived the 26 week waiting period.

Latest Prices in red
    Bupa essential = €876.60 €855
    VIVAS Level 1 = €973.50 970
    VHI Plan A = €1127.74 1127

However, she who commands would like a private hospital:
    Bupa essential Plus = €1,281.78 1115
    Vivas lev 2 = €1420.50 ETA Phoned back, Quoted 1277
    VHI Plan B Option =€ 1815.48 1680

When we include cover for private hospital, shared room + day to day (general out patients costs) we get
    Bupa health care manager starter = €1,375.50 €1186
    Vivas Lev 2 + Day to day A = € 1786.50 1455
    VHI Plan B Option + Helath Steps Silver = €2133.88 1990

I'm gonna go with Bupa health care manager starter, am happier with the price, like the company so far. Need to see how long I can lock that price for though. Would be good if they gave me that price for the next few years rather than just this year. Will be back with an update on this issue later.
    I'm with Bupa and on their Health Manager plan. I pay 59.97 per month (€716.64) per year and have a great level of cover. Over the last 2 years I've had to avail of it more due to dodgy knees but they were excellent about my cover, private treatment etc and couldn't complain about their customer service either. I joined in 2001 and my premiums have gone up a little since I joined but that is down to the government upping the charges for hospital care and so they are forced to pass that charge on but it is minimal and they always let me know in advance of this. I still find them much better value for money than any of the other companies out there.

Advertisement