Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops that sell proper graphics cards

Options
  • 20-10-2006 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hey since my Quadro has attracted no buyers i was wondering if there are any shops that sell graphics cards like the nvidia "7" series and ati's mid-high range cards? PCworld.ie has only crap cards and im looking to get back to my gaming.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,568 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

bar online stores you are looking at

peats
    maplins
    itdirect

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

oh right thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Much cheaper, online even after shipping. Stay away from Maplin, they'll really rip you off. Sent friend in to pick up a fan, was E22.00 there & only E12.50 across the road in PCWorld. Don't have 2 many good things to say bout PCWorld either, but their prices are a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

twas funny i was in a local it shop the other day and saw a 6800 gt for 190 euro and a 7300 gt for 230 euro :D

Buy online, www.3v.ie ;) check out that site

Seconded, i use 3v all the time. Even convinced my Dad to get 1 last week, which took alot of explaining to a man who cant send a text.

• Advertisement

i know but it seems i cant use my BoI acc with paypal and i havnt got a CC (I have 3v but im too lazy to find a place that does vouchers) and going into a shop is just faster

#Smokey# wrote:
    i know but it seems i cant use my BoI acc with paypal and i havnt got a CC (I have 3v but im too lazy to find a place that does vouchers) and going into a shop is just faster

Tells ya on the 3v website what shops have it. You'll save money. Be shipped from Komplett in 3-5 days or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Much cheaper, online even after shipping. Stay away from Maplin, they'll really rip you off. Sent friend in to pick up a fan, was E22.00 there & only E12.50 across the road in PCWorld. Don't have 2 many good things to say bout PCWorld either, but their prices are a bit better.

I used to work for them, what a shower of *****. I had to laugh one day whent the first viiv packard bell came in. All the staff were OHHHH ITZ TEH PENTIUMZ FIVE !! ZOMG !!

I had to stand back and just laugh.

They had a nsty habbit of selling agp cards to people with pcie motherboards too. And ddr for ddr2 motherboards. I had to laugh tho, one guy there called ger sold a customer a celeron to replace his and 2500+. I didnt even bother to interupt. Another good one was selling dial up customers wireless routers. Oh and rj45 and rj11 even had the head tech confused lol.

the good auld days. ;)

hehe :D

Was talkin to a sales guy in there one day (was only gettin cable ties), thought he was fairly knowlegable until he claimed his friend had a rig that could do super-pi 1m in 4 seconds.........lol, let him carry on with his bs story & left.

lol, He was prolly like ZOMG dude he had 8 fx85's running 7.5ghz each, and 14tb or ddr5 ram. and its cooled by freon !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pc World do have bargains but its not for people who post in this forum, but checking it out every days is worth it. Either pricing mistakes or just cheap overstocked **** can be got there sometimes.

Dont talk to anyone but the cashier tho.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Pc World do have bargains but its not for people who post in this forum, but checking it out every days is worth it. Either pricing mistakes or just cheap overstocked **** can be got there sometimes.

kdjac

Great advice. And do NOT take the coverplan warrenty. But afaik the best pcworld offerers atm are 7600gt's for 199€ you can get alot better online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

KdjaCL wrote:

kdjac

D-link Wireless router and wireless usb stick for 14 euro. Came up as a airduster on the till. Said nothing :rolleyes: .

ah well i gues i will have to get a 3v voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 obrienb

Just saw over the weekend that PC World in Waterford have a special on overstocked PCI-E 6600GT's, 80euro each. It's around 130euro each on komplett. You could even buy two and put them in SLI.

Advertisement